63

Roman's POV

"Alright. Everything looks perfect." Dr Loughty told us. "Your blood pressure is still high, but lower than what it was." She said to Grace. "Baby has a bit higher than what I like heartbeat."

"What does that mean?" I asked her.

"Their heartbeat usually spikes when it gets closer. That or drops. But baby has always had a bit high of a heartbeat, so we don't want it to drop."

I watched as the doctor focused on the screen in front of her.

"Baby hasn't grown much over the past month though. But that's fine."

"But, he or she is healthy?" Grace asked.

"As far as I can't tell." Dr Loughty answered. "All done."

Grace wiped the gel of her stomach and I helped her sit up. "I'm hungry." She said to me and I knew exactly what she wanted.

Chocolate muffin. Thickshake.

"Come on." I smiled as I helped her off the examination table.

Grace fixed up her shirt and slipped her shoes back on before waddling to the door.

I opened the door for Grace as she thanked me. "I'll meet you at the car." She said as I went to the cafe next door to get her latest cravings.

With the muffin in a small paper bag and holding her thickshake, I was only gone for three minutes when I saw the commotion in the car park.

Frowning, there were a small group of people, all on their phones, talking to them.

I had a dreadful feeling sinking in as I went closer. "Grace?" I called out as I pushed past one person who looked at me weirdly.

"The ambulance is on its way." I heard someone shout.

"So are the police." Someone else said. I looked over at the man who said it and my eyes went wide.

He was sitting on someone, holding their hands together.

"Get off me!" The person screamed as they turned their head and I saw who it was.

"Grace!" I yelled as I saw Rachael, struggling under the man.

I turned and saw her. It was just a blur.

I dropped the items I held and went to her. She was on the ground, her face was covered in her hair, blood everywhere.

Someone was pressing their hands over a spot on Grace. I saw the blood leaking out of her body as Grace laid unconscious on the ground.

"Grace!" I dropped to my knees next to her, wiping her hair of her face. "What happened?"

"This one walked straight up to her and I heard yelling and then she attacked the blonde." The guy sitting on Rachael said.

"Sir, calm down." The lady that was next to me said. "I'm a nurse. I need to put pressure on here. I need a shirt or rag or something."

I didn't hesitate. I took my shirt off and balled it up, giving it to her. That's when I noticed something sticking out off Grace.

I placed my hand on it when the nurse freaked out. "Don't remove it!" She told me, placing my shirt around it. "She has been stabbed. Don't remove the knife. It will shred her."

My hand froze before I lifted it away from the knife. "How will keeping it in be helpful?" I snapped at her.

"Sir, it's a tactical knife. It's serrated and designed to shred when removed. I already tried." The nurse said as I held Grace's head.