42.

2 Years Later

Grace's POV

I laughed loudly at Leo, Macy's son. He was only 16 months old as he tried to run across the grass at his puppy.

"Leo, don't pull his ears, baby." Macy scolded at him. Leo let the puppy go and swaddled towards us.

"Look at him, Mace, he is too cute." I cooed at him, picking Leo up and tickling him.

Leo giggled under my fingers before I placed him back on the ground. He didn't really inherit much of his mother's looks. His skin wasn't as dark as Macy's, his eyes were a different shade of brown and his hair was more brown than black.

Macy smiled at me as she sat back in her chair, rubbing her belly. She never did get back with Leo's father and was prepared to do the whole thing herself, then she met Kaden.

Kaden accepted the fact that she was pregnant and offered to help her raise Leo and before we all knew it, they were a couple and now she is four months pregnant with her second child.

We sat back in our chairs, relaxing. Macy had a mocktail and mine was an actual cocktail. The weather was perfect for daiquiris.

"Have you got everything ready for our trip?" I asked Macy. We were heading north for the week, seeing Dean and Sofie. Dean got a job up north, paying more than what he was getting and he proposed to Sofie. Now we were going to the wedding.

I was flying with Macy to help with Leo tomorrow and Kaden was flying up the next day.

"Yeah. Everything is packed. We will be taking Kaden's suitcase as well." Macy answered me.

"I'm so excited! My best guy buddy getting married!" I squealed out in a giggle.

"I know. It's strange. Look how far we have come." Macy smiled lovingly.

I sighed with a smile on my face.

We have come far. Will and Hope had Vinnie, an adorable two year old with thick brown curls plus they just found out they were expecting again.

Dad has retired and after Dean and Sofie's wedding that my family will also be attending, they are travelling west to see family.

Macy is growing baby number two, happy with her partner.

Dean and Sofie getting married in three days.

I surprisingly stayed settled down. My party days consist of once a fortnight, if that and even more surprisingly, Heather and I became friends.

I found out her step brother, Dom, the person I had a slight crush on was in jail, something about getting caught dealing heavy drugs. That was something I'm so glad I never persued.

I actually studied. I did a course on interior design, one on photography one on Web designs and another in business.

One thing I learnt from my experience at Roman Enterprises was I actually enjoyed what I did.

I kept myself extremely busy by studying, in a little apartment that I had rented. It wasn't anything flashy or glamorous but I love it because it's all mine.

After mine and Romans last divorce, I stayed away from full time committed relationships.

I dated, but that was it. Nothing serious enough for a wedding date.

It took me a while to stop hurting about Roman and our relationship and I found that I always felt better when I spoke about it.

I wasn't reminded about my failed marriages, well from my family and friends anyway. They were very supportive and helped me grieve through it. And when I was ready, they helped me accept the miscarriage that I had, they helped me grieve through it properly without hiding away from it with alcohol abuse.