8.

I couldn't leave the office without my driver. I couldn't leave the house without him either. I wasn't allowed to drive to work, I had to go with Roman, or my driver.

Roman and his bullshit rules!

So today, my patience was very thin. I felt Roman eye me this morning as I did my hair, probably registering what I was wearing. It wasn't bright, it wasn't fun, it wasn't me. But I wasn't in my usual mood. I was still pissed.

The dark khaki green was almost a blend in with the offices, but I noticed something that made me smile. Every now and then, as I go from one floor to another, I noticed a bright blue shirt or a tangy orange skirt.

People are changing their colours, literally.

I sat at my desk and sighed as I clicked through the photos. I have already started my project and I wasn't going to let that fight last weekend stop me.

But today, after last night, I didn't want to do this. I felt trapped, more than ever. I had no freedom. I was a lion, stuck in a five foot long cage.

It was only after ten in the morning and I've even been denied to leave for a coffee.

I left my office and noticed the rack of clothes in the studio for my model that's to be here in an hour. At least she gets to leave.

I picked up the photos from earlier and made my way to marketing.

I needed John from Web designs. I went and saw him. Every time I post something on social media, I gave John the photo and he adds it to their website with the link to one of their smaller companies.

I thanked John and stepped back in to the elevator. "He left in such a huff!" I heard one person.

"It's not because of his wife, she's here."

Immediately, I put my hand up and stopped the doors from closing. I quickly stepped out and came face to face with the two gossiping women.

"Who?" I asked.

"I'm sorry Mrs Parker, I didn't see you there." A blonde muttered, looking down.

"Who are you talking about?" I asked them again.

"Uh, your... Husband...." Said the brunette.

"He left?" Like the building?" Don't get your hopes up, Gracie.

They both nodded. I smiled. "Thank you."

I used the fire exit and ran down the stairs. I calmed my panting at the bottom and opened the door. I calmly went to the front door with determination.

I made myself look like I was in a hurry, like I did every time I left the building.

"Mrs Parker!" I heard someone call from afar. I quickened my pace and pushed the doors open and without a second thought, I turned left.

I was still walking pretty fast and straight past the Roman Empire building. I passed another building and a huge smile on my face. I rounded the corner, thinking I was free when I landed in someone's path.

I thudded against their chest and I immediately apologised. But I think my freedom was short lived.

"Gracie."

"Daddy!"

Dad looked around nervously. Oh no. Not him too. My shoulders sunk.

"Daddy! I just want to go to the coffee shop. That is all. I just needed to get out off there for several minutes. I promise I will come back in ten minutes. Roman won't need to know."