65

Grace's POV

I opened my eyes. I was in a room. Alone. I could feel it.

I looked around groggily. Yeah, alone. I felt my heart race against my chest. I felt anxious and I didn't know why.

Roman wasn't here and I was becoming scared.

I shuffled up the bed to feel pain in my lower stomach, pain between my legs.

Then I realised that I didn't have as much difficulty sitting up.

I looked down at my stomach and my eyes bulged.

My baby!

My stomach wasn't big. It was just a loose version of what I had.

My breathing hitched and I felt the tears come. Where is my baby? I looked around again. I tried to call out, I tried to yell, but nothing came out but air.

Then Roman walked in. He saw me and immediately came to me. "Hey, princess." He smiled at me.

"What happened?" I finally managed to speak.

"You lost a lot of blood." He told me. "But you're okay now."

I was still feeling anxious and scared and I felt Roman take my hands. "The baby?" I frowned. "Where's the baby?"

Roman grinned at me. "The baby is fine. Perfect."

I froze. Not from fear or anxiety but relief and sighed. "Fine?"

Roman nodded. "Perfect." He whispered to me.

"Where..."

Roman kissed my head, keeping his lips against my forehead. "Stay in bed." He told me then left.

I waited anxiously as he left. My eyes glued to where he walked out. I held my breathe, feeling so uneasy. I was scared years ago to have a child. Then Vinnie came along and then Leo. Then Christa and then Trenton. Now, my child.

My fear of babies vanished the minute I held my nephew. They were adorable and squishy and so innocent. But I was more anxious about living with one.

Roman slowly came back, looking down at the bundle in his arms as he made his way to me. I saw how he rocked from one side to the other gently and I moved over on the bed, watching them. He had our baby in his arms.

Roman looked up at me and smiled, slowly sitting next to me.

"Gracie." He said so softly it was barely audible. "Meet our daughter."

I looked down at the baby before taking her. "A daughter?" I half laughed. "A girl?"

I looked back at her, my eyes filling with tears as Roman placed an arm around me, pulling me closer to him.

"She is perfect, princess. You did great." He whispered in my ear.

"What's her name?" I asked him.

"I don't know. I've been waiting for you to wake up."

I let out a small giggle as I moved the blanket from my baby. I saw her raise an arm with a hospital band and read the words.

Baby Griffin

"Why does it say baby Griffin?" I asked Roman.

"Because we ain't technically married still." He told me and I heard the annoyance in his voice. "They put the mother's last name on the tag."

I blinked at the precious little girl in my hands. "Ava." I whispered. "Ava."

"Perfect."

I peeked up at Roman to see him watching me. "Grace." He called to me. "I love you so much."