32.

Grace's P.O.V

It's been a long week. I've had nothing but heated discussions with my father. It was late Sunday afternoon and after I left Roman's I went to a gym before battling another round with dad.

"He gave you back your house!" I snapped at him. "What more do you want? You sold the house for what? Around two million? He bought it and gave it back without asking for a single cent!"

"It doesn't matter. I still dislike him." Dad growled at me.

I threw my hands up. "Whatever." I'm tired of arguing with him. I'm tired in general. I worked real hard today at the gym.

I stormed upstairs and threw myself on the bed.

****

I heard the annoying repetitive noise getting louder and louder. I groaned as I got out off bed looking for the origin of the sound.

I found my phone and turned the alarm off.

I looked around at my room. It's morning. What happened to yesterday? I had a shower and got dressed for work.

I slipped on some jeans and a blue singlet. I slipped on some socks and pulled on my boots before doing my hair and make up.

I rushed downstairs and made myself a coffee. I opened the jar and the aroma hit me.

"Morning darling." Mum called.

"Is this a different brand of coffee?" I asked her. "I mean, did you empty another brand in to this jar?"

"No. Same as always."

I shrugged as I put a teaspoon in the mug. I added the hot water and a spoonful of sugar. I'm trying to cut down on the sugar treats and I am doing it, but the coffee. I need sugar in that.

"You were pretty tired yesterday?" Mum asked me.

"I must have been. I did a really hard session at the gym and it's exhausting talking to daddy lately." I sighed.

"He'll come around. You're his baby girl. You never really saw the destruction he gave Hope."

My eyes widened. "He gave Hope a hard time too?"

Mum nodded as I took a sip of my coffee. Something wasn't right with it. I added another spoonful of sugar then stirred it and drank. Better.

I might have to ask Hope how she managed to get dad to like Will.

I finished another gulp of coffee and picked up my bag and left.

I drove to work, thinking of how I'm going to ask Hope that question.

How did you get dad to like Will? What did you do or say? What did he receive as a bribe?

I groaned as I parked my car in my usual spot.

I started my day like I usually would. I greeted Toni and anyone else that I saw, Toni made me one of her coffees and I sat at my table with my leg on top of the other as I tapped away on my laptop, swapping from screen to paper.

I thanked Toni for the coffee and carried on, taking the warm mug in to my hands. I swallowed the strong coffee. It was missing something too. Sugar? I bit the bullet and drank it all.

By lunch time, my legs were sore from all the sitting and my feet felt so sore. I unzipped my boots and slid them off, wriggling my toes in my ankle socks.

That felt better. By lunch time, I had a slight bit of trouble putting my boots back on and after giving up, I threw them to the other side of the room. I went to the elevator for Roman's office in my socks.