28.

I left Roman in the bedroom as I stormed out. I blinked numerous times to keep the tears away as I made my way to the front entry.

I don't care if I had to walk, I'm leaving.

"Grace!" Roman called out.

I'm not going to hide from it this time. Not from Roman, or the dilemma of it or my feelings.

I'm leaving them.

I stormed down the long driveway to the street. I heard Roman behind me. I don't care if I had forgotten my keys or wallet or handbag. I have my phone and if need be, I'll call for a lift, but in the mean time, I'm walking.

I don't care if this large place was an hour drive away. I don't care if he does or doesn't chase after me.

Don't cry! I yelled at myself. It's not worth it. Just keep walking, one foot in front of the other one, Grace.

I wasn't even half way down the drive way when I heard a screech of a car.

I ignored it and kept walking. Within seconds, Roman was beside me in his car, the window down and calling to me.

"Leave me alone!" I snapped at him.

"You're not walking home." He said to me.

I snorted and hastened my pace.

"Grace! Get in the car!" He yelled at me.

I felt a tear prick at my eye. No, not now. I said to myself.

"Grace!"

I turned to him. "No! I'm not getting in the car!"

I stomped off. "You don't want to talk to me. You never do." I threw over my shoulder. "All you do is demand. It's all you did when we were married, and even now."

I took in a breathe of air. "Don't do that." I mimicked him. "Obey me. Do as you're told. Get in the car. Get on the bed!" I screamed out.

I noticed the car wasn't following me and I smirked in my triumph. I only had a few more metres left till I was on the street.

Then I felt arms around me as I screamed out, my body being picked up as I kicked and thrashed my arms about.

"Put me down!" I cried out.

I was pushed in to the car and the doors closed. I tried opening them, but they were locked. Does he have child lock on these bloody back doors? I asked myself.

Here we go again.

I sat back in the car with my arms crossed, an angry pout on my face.

"I've had enough of your silly games!" I yelled at Roman as he got in. "Stop throwing me in a car, stop locking the doors!"

"I've had enough of your temper!" Roman snapped back. My eyes widened as I shut my mouth. He looked as angry as he did the fist time he brought me here. He was really mad with me then, he punched the door. I've never seen him so angry before that night, I haven't since, till now.

Roman sped off away from his house. "You need to stop these silly notions in your head!" He growled at me.

I stayed quiet as he drove. I suddenly lost the ability to talk. This is happening too much with him and my speech capabilities.

"I'm taking you home and I will pick you up Thursday night at six. Be ready to go out." Roman's voice went softer.

"Until then, you can think all you like, but whatever idea stays in that pretty head of yours, I'm telling you now, it's wrong."