35.

I sat in the car as I quietly watched the scenery. It went from city to town to bush to town and finally beach.

I like the beach. I haven't been here for a long time.

"I suppose you have booked us at a fancy hotel?" I asked Roman as we drove along the main street.

"No. I booked a nice little secluded beach cottage." Roman told me, leaving me a bit surprised.

"Like from our uh, your cover up that you call a honeymoon?" I snapped at him.

Roman growled at me. "Where is this attitude coming from?"

"No where." I grumbled as I crossed my arms. "Are we there yet?" I was getting sick of sitting down and I wanted to stretch my legs.

"You've been really snappy lately. Have you changed your diet again?" Roman muttered to me.

"You won't let me!" Came my sarcastic tone.

"Grace, I'm doing this for you. I'm taking you away for a while because you reckon you are stressed. At least cut me some slack!" Roman chided out and I shut my mouth.

"Sorry." I mumbled. I looked back out my window. Roman turned a corner and stopped the car. I got out and stretched.

He wasn't wrong. The cabin was secluded. I looked around me. There was a road and grass on one side, the cabin on another and then grass to sand then water.

"Why are we so far away from everything?" I asked Roman as he wrapped his hands around my waist. I stiffened slightly and willed myself to relax. I felt his lips on my neck.

"I plan a lot of things, especially with you. I don't plan on people hearing you scream for me."

His words were quiet whispers in my ear as I shivered involuntarily. My knees weakened at his sexual promise. I turned my body to face Roman and kissed him.

"Are you thankful?" Roman teased me.

"Yes." I replied as I kissed him. "I want you." I whispered after I pulled away from his fiery kisses.

Roman led me to the door and I suddenly no longer felt I wanted sex. I felt annoyed. "Why here?" I asked him and Roman froze. He hadn't even opened the front door.

"Why not?" He frowned as he looked at me. I wanted to chide him about Georgia spying on me, but not yet. I wanted to have my fun with that first.

My annoyance fled me when I thought about Georgia. She is teaming up on Me with Roman. "Are you sleeping with anyone else?" I suddenly blurted out.

Roman looked surprised at my question. "No." Then a frown formed. "Why would you think that?"

I shook my head. "Nothing."

"Talk to me princess."

"Its just a stupid thought. A flicker of paranoia." I answered him as I started picking my nails.

Roman instantly took my hands into his and kissed them. "I promise, you are the only person."

I gave him a small smile and nodded.

"Are you ready to come inside now?" Roman asked as he kept one of my hands.

I grinned widely and stepped forward. "Open the door!" I giggled at him. Roman opened the door and stepped inside. I followed him and the room was lit with battery operated candles. They were grouped every where. I could smell roses mixed in the salt air. "What is this?" I asked in a confused manner as I turned to Roman.

My hands flew to my mouth as he was kneeling in front off me. Tears filled my eyes. He was proposing to me!

Roman Parker went the whole nine yards, like I originally told him to. Then I remembered my promise. I promised him if he did this, I would say yes.