53.

"That you are so thick!" She told me. Her emotions were running lose big time as I kept her stuck in my arms. "I wanted to tell you since the second I found out but I saw you and then I thought I could do it on my own but..."

I placed a hand over her mouth, making Grace stop.

"So I'm the father?" I asked, partially stunned.

My hand left her mouth as I released her and she gave me a small nod.

"I'm sorry, I just... I wanted to tell you."

I could hear the truth in her words. We were constantly changing topics, trying to cover everything, getting distracted and it's only been two hours!

I heard her pain earlier about Jesse and I saw her break down, how she admitted that she did want to keep our baby and now...

"We are having a baby?" I asked her as I stepped away, a hand running down my face.

Grace didn't answer me and if she did I didn't hear her.

"I could... maybe, make an appointment for Monday if you want?" She said softly to me.

The silence in the room was deafening. The first time I found out about her being pregnant, I had a suspicion and she had confirmed it, I was excited and now, I'm stunned. I tried to think back from when we slept together. Didn't I use protection? As much as I hated condoms, it was a habit I had put myself in to.

"Look, I understand if you hate me. Hell, it's a dick move made by me. Well actually, you." I heard her give a giggle nervously, trying to break the tension.

I turned to her and saw how she stood. Her hands in front of her as she picked at her nails.

"I don't hate you. I never will." I said softly. "I'm just, surprised."

"So was I."

I watched as she slumped on the couch, exhaling a lungful of air.

I tried to process everything that happened in the past 18 weeks. We slept together. The restaurant she was at with friends, how she looked scared to see me. The reason why she came to my office. Then she was actually expecting me to go to her place of work, she knew I would.

"I wasn't bragging or flaunting to you." Grace said, breaking my train of thought.

"Wait, you said you have only slept with three people. So who is the third?" I suddenly asked her, slightly infuriated and jealous.

"Out of every question that is probably in your head, you want to know the answer to that one?" She snapped before taking a breathe. "So are you telling me you haven't slept with anyone?"

She made a good point there.

"It happened over a year ago." Grace said in a mutter.

We went quiet again before she got up and checked out the front. "Well, they seemed to be gone." She told me before closing the door. "I'm sorry, Roman. I just got caught up. I'm trying to do the exact opposite from last time. I, I don't, want to lose..."

Grace didn't finish the sentence but I knew what she was meaning. She didn't want to lose the baby.

"I'm going to..." I watched as covered up a yawn as she tried to speak. "The shop."

"No. You are going to sit down." I told her, going to her and leading her to the couch.

"But I need to..." She started to complain.

I didn't listen. I made her sit down as she frowned up at me. This changes things completely. I leaned down at her. "Your conditions have just changed." I told her in a harsh voice as I watched Grace gulp.