The Beginning of the Grand Magic Games

The Next Morning - Aki's POV

I sit next to Master as we sit in our guild box, the both of us are on the ledge.

"Why'd you go and have to accept Jellal into this?" I ask him quietly.

"Quit your whining, I know the bond you and Mystogan shared, but this has to be done, if you were on that team, it would be far too powerful." Gramps mutters to me and I sigh.

"Still, why didn't you put Panther Lily on the team instead? He's a battle Exceed and a member of the guild." I say and he sweat drops.

"It didn't cross my mind at the time." Gramps says to me and I scowl at him and he inches away.

"Now, now, calm down, you want a drink?" Cana asks me as she holds out a bottle.

"No, I just want to know Gramps' reasoning for this." I say and she shoves the bottle in my hand and I sigh reluctantly. "But, this is gonna be long and I'm the last reserve member, so I could use a drink." I say and the guild falls.

"You and Cana drink just about anywhere." Macou says to me and I smile at him.

"And?" I ask and he sighs.

"Its not healthy." Wakaba finishes.

I shrug and watch as the first team comes out which is Fairy Tail Team A. "Oh god." I say and I have a sudden feeling that I shouldn't be sitting so close to Gramps.

The next team that comes out is Quatro Cerberus, after that is Mermaid Heel, then Blue Pegasus, then Lamia Scale, the Raven Tail.

"WHAT?" Me and Gramps yell as we look at them.

"I understand why Master has a problem with this, but Aki?" Cana asks as I fume a little.

"They're bastards, that's why." I say to her and everyone but Gramps sweat drops. I freeze Gramps before he could go down there and everyone looks at me. "Cool down Gramps, you'll bust a vessel and Porlyusica won't be too happy about it." I say to him.

Gramps breaks out of the ice and just growls.

"Up next, oh wow, this is a surprise! Fairy Tail team B!" The announcer says shocked and Gramps laughs manically and I roll my eyes.

"Oh shut it Gramps." I say and everyone questions us. "We only bent the rules, a little at least, its not against the rules to have two teams in the games and there isn't anything wrong with them both making it, they didn't help each other to get to the finish line, so you can't count on them helping each other during the games, sure we're still one guild, but these are two opposite teams fighting to make us number one again, they'll most likely go through each other if they have to." I say and Gramps nods while a stunned silence goes through the crowd.

"Could she be more cold?" Natsu asks and I smirk at him and he shivers. "She got this from Gramps' punishment games." Natsu sulks.

"And last, but not least, SABERTOOTH!" The announcer yells in excitement and I roll my eyes.

Mavis sits next to me. "This is so exciting." Mavis says to me and I look at her, not really shocked.

"Hey Mavis, I have a question." I say and she nods for me to continue. "If I were to try and touch you, would my hand phase through you or actually touch you?" I ask her.

"SERIOUSLY?" Everyone in the guild yells at me and I sweat drop.

"What? I'm curious." I say and Mavis smiles at me.

"Go ahead and try." Mavis says to me and I try touching her but my hand phases through her. "I wasn't expecting that." She says with a smile.

I smell a familiar scent and I sniff once more.