Jeongin (request)

Request :

••

Trainee days were hard. For everyone. Chan, as the leader, had to take care of everything, produce the songs, while still be able to manage the group. The singers, rappers and dancers had to work hard all day and all night to improve as much as possible to, one day, finally be able to debut. Everyone was tired, physically and emotionally. But they were together and together they knew they could make it.

However, optimism was not always there in every member's mind. Jeongin, as the maknae, was having a hard time since few weeks now. Working this hard as such a young age was demanding. Living far from his family or just not be able to see them as often as he wanted to was also tough. And even though he lived with the members, who he was really close to, he couldn't help but feel really lonely.

Because as much as he was having a hard time, he didn't want to bother his members with his problems, knowing fully that they already had their owns. So, as the youngest, he kept on smiling and being the happy virus he was supposed to be for the group. Not telling anyone about his troubles. Enduring everything alone.

It was 3am. Every member was already asleep. Except for Jeongin. He was lying, exhausted and sweaty, on the dance room's floor. In a few days, they'll have an other performance in front of JYP. And Jeongin couldn't miss his only chance. He knew he had to do well or else he would never be able to debut with the rest of Stray Kids. However, his body was so tired that he couldn't do anything. As much as he wanted to practice and to do well, the steps were still stiff and his expression couldn't become better.

He let out, for the thousand times this night, a loud sigh. Grabbing his hair in frustration, he sat up and looked at himself in the mirror. Tears were streaming down his face, and the usual bright smile that he was wearing was nowhere to be seen anymore. He got up and played the song once again. Working until his legs were not able to support him anymore. He ended up collapsing on the couch of the dance room.

The next morning, he woke up early and immediately went to the studio. After his dancing, he also had to improve his singing skills. JYP already mentioned that he was lacking of singing skills and Jeongin knew perfectly that if he didn't progress he wouldn't hesitate to eliminate him.

The studio was empty as it was still early in the morning and Jeongin started to warm up his voice with some exercises. Practicing his lines from Hellevator and other songs that he knew, he started to feel his stomach growl as he didn't eat for almost a day, too focused on practicing. He decided to go look for some energy bar that were in the distributor in the hallway of the JYP's building.

As he was walking back to the studio, he met a staff that told him that JYP wanted to see him in his office, alone. Saying that he was nervous was an understatement. Why does he want to see me ? Should I expect the worst ? Many thoughts were running through Jeongin's mind as he was now walking to JYP's office.