Woojin 🐻

Genre : Fluff
Summary : Musicholic love

You sighed. Where is this freaking street located ? You kept on walking, under the rain, for few minutes before stopping under the cover of a small shop. You grabbed your phone and searched to where to go next. It had been days since you wanted to finally buy yourself a new piano. Your old one, the one your grandma gave you few years ago, was becoming more and more impossible to use and even some piano-keys were not functional anymore. However, this music shop seemed to play hide and seek as you couldn't find it for quite a while now. You weren't that familiar to the city and the rain was making it even harder for you.

After few minutes wandering in the humid streets, you finally found it, without really meaning to. Musicholic. That's a pretty name. You entered, as the bell above the door emitted a soft melody, indicating a new customer was there. You took a look around yourself.

This was a small shop well decorated, giving such a comfortable and soft atmosphere. It smelled like vanilla but not too strong, just perfectly as if it was for the customers to remember that shop every time they would smell something like this. The walls and furnitures were of a light brown and pastel colors, giving a chill and aesthetic look of the room. There were few shelves with vinyl records and CD while the walls were covered in guitars, synthesizers, violins and a tones of other instruments. A very soft music was playing as you couldn't help but to keep staring at the beauty of the shop. Suddenly, you noticed a small corridor at the corner of the room giving access to another small room where you could here some music as well. You smiled to yourself and walked to that part, expecting the owner to be there, since you've seen no one yet.

You quietly entered the other room, still looking everywhere, admiring the charms of everything around you. It was small, like just a little place to try the instruments you guessed. Indeed, there was someone playing the piano. You approached him slowly as the guy was way too immersed into his playing to notice you. You took the chance to take a look at him.

He was sitting straight, in front of a beautiful grand piano. His hands were playing so naturally and softly on the keys, producing a melody you've never heard but which sounded like heaven. His eyes were closed as you could feel his entire spirit into the music. His brown hair was falling nicely on the top of his eyes as he looked so soft, contrasting with his broad shoulders. He was wearing a nice shirt, a little unbuttoned at the top. You starred at him for who knows how long but he was just too stunning to look away.

After a while, he suddenly stopped playing and opened his eyes, directly meeting with yours. You flushed and blinked a few times, acting like you were not starring which was obviously exactly what you were doing. He suddenly smiled at you standing up to face you. He started rubbing his neck.

« Oh I'm deeply sorry I didn't hear you coming, I was too involved into the music haha »

He laughed softly and you wondered which one was actually the real music.

« Anyway welcome to Musicholic how can I help you ? »

Oh so he really is the owner. He seems young. You started to fidget with your fingers as you felt a bit intimidated by his good looks, even though he looked really kind.

« O-oh uhm well I wanted to have advices about pianos, I need a new one in fact »

You went straight to the point, low-key facepalming for the stuttering. He smiled again at you.

« Oh yes sure I can show you different types and tell you what could suit you the best depending on what you want and your budget »

You smiled back at him and nodded. He then led you back to the main room and told you to take a chair while he brought some records. He came back few minutes later with few folders and sat in front of you at the table.

« So here are the records of all we have in stock, since it's a small shop you can guess we don't have all the instruments here »

You nodded as he started to open the first one and show you few examples.

——

Time passed rather quickly. You learnt that his name was Woojin and that he was taking care of the shop while his aunt was on holidays, since he'd planned to run the family business one day. You were quite impressed of all the things he knew about music at such a young age and he really did helped you a lot in your research.

At some point, you made up your mind and chose a grand piano similar to the one in the other room. Woojin smiled happily at you.

« Well since we have one here, you have to try it ! »

You blushed a little at the idea of playing in front of him. After seeing him play, you were suddenly doubting your talents in piano. But however, you smiled back and nodded while you followed him to the small room.

You sat down in front of the beautiful piano and adjusted the seat. You brushed the keys with your fingers before taking a deep breath as Woojin stood there, leaning on the wall ready to listen to you. You closed your eyes and started to play a delicate melody your grandma used to play to you when you were younger.

For a moment you weren't there. For a moment you were 7 again. Sitting next to your grandma while she played this flowing melody. For a moment you were the innocent and younger you, just passionated by music, or maybe just the way your grandma was playing the piano. For a moment you smelt the mixing of flowers and a cake baking, the smell that was so familiar every time you would visit her.

You were deeply into your playing and you've totally forgotten where you were, and with who. When suddenly Woojin started to sing to your melody. You opened your eyes and looked at him, still playing. He knows the song. You both exchanged a smile as you finished the song, a very nice feeling in your stomach. It has been long since you haven't played that song. It feels nice.

Woojin quickly applauded as you sat there flustered.

« I've heard a lot of musicians, but that was something else »

You chuckled quietly and stood up.

« This song means a lot to me »

He smiled again.

« I could tell yeah »

——

« So it might arrive at the shop next week, then you'll probably need a moving van or something to bring it home »

You nodded happy and excited about the new baby. Well it cost you an arm and a leg, but it was worth it.

« Might I have your number so that I can text you once it's delivered ? »

You assented and he added :

« And who knows maybe we could hang out one day..? »

He said a bit unsure. You smiled.

« It would be a pleasure »

He returned the smile and promised to text you soon as you left the shop with a good feeling...

Maybe you were Woojinholic...

***

« Run through snow, count the clouds, play in the rain »

Takagi Masakatsu