Changbin 🦄

Genre : The Legend Of Zelda inspiration (BOTW)
Summary : What if Link's real name was Changbin since the beginning but nobody knew...?

I sighed. Come on get this right Y/N. And I tried, again and again. Nothing worked. I crouched down and took my head in my hands. I felt my tears streaming down my face.

« Why can't I do anything right ?! Why can't those powers already appear ?! WHY AM I SO USELESS UH ?! »

I screamed at none but myself. I felt the wind blowing my hair slightly as my breathing became more stable. I laid down on the grass, and looked at the sky. What could I do mom ? How am I supposed to look after Hyrule and protect the people here if I can't even develop my own powers...?

I sighed again and got up only to see Changbin arriving on the back of his horse, Epona. I turned away.

« Get out I don't need your help right now »

I turned to look at him and he was still standing there, not moving a single bit.

« I know you're under my father's command but I told you, I don't need your protection, go away »

Changbin looked at me frowning, but left anyway. However, I was not stupid. I knew he would not be far, ready to kill every Yiga that would attack me. Why couldn't I protect myself ? Father is really not trusting me...

——

« ARRRRGGHHHHH »

I screamed, exhausted and irritated. I kept on practicing and practicing even more, when I suddenly heard noises from behind. I turned around and saw sergeants coming to me.

« Princess the King is asking to see you »

I sighed. I knew this was not going to be right. Father was always disappointed with me. He told me that I was not worth the place that I had. And he was right. I was being useless, without powers.

As I arrived, I saw Father with Changbin next to him. I hated that guy, Changbin. He was always there to remind me how weak I was and how I needed protection. He had everything, he was the knight that the master sword had chosen and... I... I just couldn't stand him. He did nothing wrong though. It was just like this.

Father reprimanded me as expected. He told me how I should use more my forces to concentrate on my powers and how I was a shame for him at the court. I looked down. However, I saw in the corner of my eyes, Changbin looking at me with a gentle look, almost as if he understood what I was going through. And I didn't know why, but for once, I felt like he was sincere.

——

« Oh look ! It's a Silent Princess, I haven't seen one in so long... It has become rare since it only thrives in the wil—
- HEY HEY YOU !! »

It was a sunny day. I was resting on the fields with Changbin always by my side when someone interrupted us. We turned around to see a guy coming towards us. He was small and was wearing a green outfit.

« Hmmm green clothes... and even a green hat YOU MUST BE ONE OF US !! »

The strange man approached Changbin while inspecting him.

« Uh... excuse me...? Who are you ? »

He looked at me and gave me a proud smile.

« My name is Tingle and I am a fairy ! And by the clothes of your friend, may I say that he might be a fairy too... uhmm maybe a forest fairy »