Chapter 12

It's Monday morning and that unfortunately means it is a school day.

I haven't spoken with Issac since Friday. After our little conversation, we laid down and watched the sun go down some and then we left.

I am waiting on the porch for Zoe to come downstairs so we could head to the bus stop. She is apparently having an outfit crisis. I make my outfits simple. For example, today, i am wearing a burgundy cami top, black jeans, and converses. A red porsche pulls up in front of my house and I stand off the porch and I walk over to it.

Why is Issac here?

The windows roll down revealing Issac.

"Need a ride to school?"

"So you are picking me up now?"

"I can't have my friend taking the nasty bus to school. Where is Zoe?"

"Ugh..hold on." I jog back to the house and open the door. "ZOE HURRY UP OR I AM LEAVING YOU!" About a minute later, she is rushing down the steps. She has on a a cropped long sleeved top that says, 'Take it easy' on it and cyan colored jeans matched with grey vans. She has her bag slung on her shoulder and is rushing to me.

My mom walks into the room with a cup of coffee in hand and her eyebrows furrowed together. She looks out the window, obviously at the red porsche outside our house.

"Whose car is that?!"

Zoe is standing their out of words and I look back outside at Issac's car and then to my mom.

"A friend from school is dropping us to school."

"Is the bus no longer working?"

"It works, bu-"

"No buts, why do you need a ride when you have the bus."

"It was just a kind gesture mom" I feel a lump in my throat grow, a sign I am going to cry.

"And then you didn't plan to tell me. Also safety as well. You are driving some...sports car to school. What were you thinking Bay! You probably weren't as usual!" she yells.

"Stop yelling." I mutter

"What did you say?" she says and I can already know she is getting angrier by the second. I shake my head and I look at Zoe who is staring at the floor, crying.

"You know what, just get out. I can't deal with your disrespect and plain stupidity so early in the morning. What the hell are you going to school for? No common sense planted in that brain of yours." she says and walks away. I walk into the kitchen and rip off a piece of paper towel and hand it to Zoe to wipe her tears. She looks at me with teary hazel eyes and I look away and walk to the door to wait for her.

She walks over to me, sniffling. I walk out the door and towards the red porsche. I get in the passenger's seat and Zoe goes in the backseat.

"Hi Issac." Zoe mutters. Issac looks through the rear view mirror at her and he probably realizes that she was crying. I look towards the window avoiding Issac's intense stare and trying to push out all thoughts of my mother out my head.

I can feel Issac's stare and I grit my teeth knowing my heart wants me to look at him and tell him everything: my dad, my mom, everything, but my mind is saying to push him out.

I don't want to destroy something as golden as Issac Evans

A warm hand is placed on my thigh and I look down to see Issac's hand on my thigh.

I look over to him and he says, "What's wrong?"

I shake my head and look back out the window. Issac starts driving the car in the direction of the school and we speed by houses, shops, and people. Issac's hand has not moved from my thigh and it's making my head all fuzzy because all I can think about is his warm hand on my thigh and causing my leg to feel tingly. No one is talking in the car and for the first time since I have been with Issac Evans, we are sitting in uncomfortable silence.

When we reach to school, Issac strategically parks right in the area where there is a school camera because besides the other people in the "it" crew, he drives one of the most expensive cars at Eastside High. Zoe gets out the car right after mumbling a thanks to Issac and walking to school. I unbuckle myself and get ready to leave as well, but Issac tightens his hold on my leg and for the first time ever, I feel the actual effect Issac Evans has on me.

I look into his eyes that right now look blue and he looks into my hazel eyes.

"What happened Bay?" he asks calmly.

"Nothing Issac."

"Zoe was crying. You were too quiet. Something happened when you went back in the house."

"Nothing happened Issac." I give him a reassuring smile and I get out the car and close the door. He does the same and he locks his car and then walks over to me.

"You know you can tell me anything, right?"

"Yeah, i know." I murmur. We walk into the school building and Issac and I walk side by side down the school hallway. I put on my usual mask of impassiveness on my face, so that I could cover up the hurt I am feeling inside.

The usual

Students in the hallways move aside as we walk down the hallway and an uneasiness settles in me. I am not used to people parting for me. I usually have to elbow my way through a crowd of people.

When we reach to our lockers, I open mine and take out my books. I look over to Issac and I ask him, "What are your parents like?"

Issac looks at me and for the first time, a flash of sadness settles in Issac's eyes.

"Parent. My mom died when I was 10 years old. I live with my father. He is detached. He lost my mom and he prefers to avoid any serious emotion because facing them will break him. He kind of reminds me of a certain girl I know." he says with a sad smile on his face.

Of course, its me.

" I am so sorry Issac. I never knew." I say and my heart clenches as I feel the pain Issac must be going through on the inside that he masks with the constant smile. The bell rings and he closes his locker with his books in hand.

"Bay, you and I's problems may be different, but I have experience dealing with detached people. I have had to for 8 years. I may not be able to get my dad to feel emotion or smile a lot, but that doesn't mean I won't try to make you feel something. Anything.... I have to go." he says and walks off to the west wing. I walk off to my next class with one thought in my head.

How does the golden boy stay golden when he has so much pain going on inside of him?

Authors note:

Heyyy everyone. I want to first start off by thanking all my readers. You guys mean so much to me and the fact that you take your time out of your life to read this book is literally blowing my mind. THANK YOU.

Some of you probably realized by now that I am a hard core Free Rein fan. Free Rein is a show on Netflix that stars Jaylen Barron(Bay in the book) and Bruce Herbelin Earle(Issac in the book). It is an amazing show and it so far has 2 seasons. Go and watch it! I will definitely be incorporating more pictures of the two together in this book.

Also, I am fangirling right now because I was watching the Teen Choice Awards 2018 and I saw Matthew Daddario(Asher), Katherine McNamara(Cartier), Nina Dobrev(Zara), and Grant Gustin(Armani). FOUR OF MY CHARACTERS. And I may or may not have screamed at the top of my lungs when I saw Grant Gustin. Plus, he won an award!

Oh and has anyone heard Bazzi and Camila Cabello's new remix to Bazzi's song 'Beautiful'. The song itself is beautiful and...just perfect. I am addicted to this song. Their voices just go together perfectly. Go listen to it. You. Will. Cry. 

Anyway, thank you for reading my book and I hope you continue because there is going to be ALOT of drama coming in the book and it would be a bummer if you missed it.

Put in the comment sections if you want me to do more author's notes where I could explain stuff you guys have questions on(of course giving no spoilers) or well, just anything you want me to talk about.

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!