Chapter 33

Bay's Outfit for dinner above.

"You have really lost your goddamn mind." I say to the airhead next to me as I quickly walk down the hallway wanting to get as far away from the devil in red heels as possible.

I can't believe, even for a second, I thought maybe getting rid of Mackenzie could be good. It's wrong in all ways. One of my priorities should always be Issac's happiness.

"Oh come on. Don't you want Issac to yourself?"

"No, YOU want Issac to yourself and I will not take place in any of your wicked games you will do to that girl. May I remind you that her brother is very handy with a stick and he could beat your ass faster than you can say 'Jimmy Choo'. Go away Victoria."

"You will regret not helping me with taking her down. Because I will take you down with her. Mark my words Stewart." She walks away with Talia and Sienna right behind her.

I have to tell Issac.

...

This is easy. This should be easy, right? It's just food. I love food, so I can make it.

I am making dinner for Issac. My mom used to make this meal when I was younger. It was before everything happened. It was like chicken Parmesan, but it was stuffed with provolone and asparagus and some pasta on the side.

I am following an online recipe, but it seems so complicated and I am getting quite discouraged, but I can do this. I have 2 hours. I could always order pizza if this goes wrong. I got this.

I put the pasta in a pot and put it over the fire. That will need to cook on its own for a while, so I start on the chicken and the process in stuffing it with the ingredients, seasoning it, and coating it in the eggs, bread crumbs, and seasoning.

1 hour later....

I did it.

I just made an actual dinner. This is crazy. I actually did it.

It is 6 pm, so Issac will be here in an hour. I take off my apron and throw it on top a chair and run upstairs to get ready. I go straight into the shower and wash off myself and wash my hair. Once I am out the shower, I check the time.

How did 35 minutes already pass by?

I begin moisturizing and diffusing my hair. After I finished with my hair, I put on the outfit I chose which is a light pink off the shoulder cropped top with it's matching high waisted champagne shorts.

The doorbell downstairs sounds off at exactly 7 pm and a smile spread on my face. I assess my appearance in the mirror and after feeling satisfied with my look, I skip downstairs and open the door.

"You are right on time Evans." I greet him.

He has on a navy blue long sleeved shirt, black jeans, and black converses. Typical Issac. Issac's eyes travel down my body looking at my outfit that I am wearing. When his eyes come back up to meet mine, they are darker than usual.

"Can I come in?"

"Well obviously." I say and walk back inside the house. I plated the food already on the table and it is covered with a food cover.

"It smells great, did you cook?" he asks and looks at me.

A bright smile is etched on my face and I nod my head. His eyes brighten up and he walks in the direction of the dining area where the smell is coming from.

"This is amazing Bay, but why did you do all of this?"

"Because Issac, I care about you and you are an important part of my life. You are my best friend and you deserved a big surprise. Duh!" I say and sit at the table. He takes the seat across from me and looks down at the cover of the food. On it is a note addressed to him. It's nothing much actually. It just says that this seat is his.