Chapter 43

Hello lovely readers,

I want to start off by giving all of you a big thanks. TGWNS is at 890 views. This is absolutely amazing. I just upload the book a few weeks ago and it has quickly gained views. I never thought I would make it this far and I owe it all to you guys. You guys are amazing and so supportive. I wish I could point out all my readers and other people who have read the book, put it on their reading list, voted, etc. There is just so many of you guys. So to all of you who shared this book, voted, commented, and just read it, thank you so much. I am grateful to all of you and I love you all!

OK, we are a few more chapters until we reach the climax of the book. I know some of you are itching for Bay and Issac to get together or are just plain wondering if they will get together and I really can't tell you. Because depending on how the next few chapters go, I could put them together or let them part. Who knows?!?

Oh wait, I do!

Anyway, I still don't know how many chapters are left of the book. I still have a few things to tick off my list until I reach the last few chapter of the book. 

I am glad you guys are enjoying the book and I hope you continue reading. Show your support by pressing that star at the bottom to vote and comment to leave my feedback, so I can improve the book. 

Put in the comment section who is your favorite character or who you relate more to and why. 

Again, thank you everyone! Now on to the book....

"Zoe, I'm outside, come open the door?"

"Yeah, hold on." she says and hangs up. It is Thanksgiving day and I am at the house for Thanksgiving dinner. My brother Leo has come home early for Thanksgiving and I have no idea how he will react to meeting his father who abandoned him 8 years ago.

The door opens and Zoe holds the door open for me to come in. The smell of sweet potatoes, ham, and other exotic dishes my mother has picked up over the years floats in the air giving the place a homely smell.

But everyone in this house knows, this is not a home. It is just a house.

"How is Leo?"

"He is upstairs getting ready. He hasn't met father yet." Zoe says and adjusts her ponytail and the strap on her slip on dress.

"I see your dress matches your mood" she adds and looks at my outfit. She is right. I decided to wear a cropped long sleeved burgundy top with a black skirt and black stiletto heeled ankle boots. 

"Glad you noticed."

"Mom is going to hate that you are wearing red lipstick."

"I know." I respond with a smirk on my face as we round the corner and come into view with the dining area. Mom is in the kitchen with father and they are chatting away like he never left.

When they hear the clinking of my boots on the tiled floor, they turn around. Mom and father's eyes widen and they slowly walk over to me.

"What is that on your lips!" Mom exclaims.

"Where is the rest of your shirt?" Father asks and wipes his hand on a kitchen cloth.

My eyebrow quirks up and I cross my arms over my chest.

"Last time I checked." I look toward my so called father. "You have been absent for 8 years. Don't come here and pretend you actually care. And how I choose to dress deserves no input from you. Capisce? Alright"

"And you, you told me I had to come to the dinner. You never said anything about my attire. I can wear whatever lipstick I want to wear." I turn my back on the two hypocrites in the household and walk upstairs and to my brother's room.