Chapter 3

When I wake up the first thing I noticed is the smell of food burning. I quickly rush to the kitchen to see the rice burnt. I sign as i turn of the stove. I turn off the oven and open it to have a face full of hot smoke which makes me jump back a bit and groan in frustration. All I wanted was food and it looks like I have none. I take the pizza and oven chips and throw them away.

I put the pan full of burnt rice aside and open the windows. I look at the time to see that it's 5:30pm. I quickly text my mum to buy food before coming unless she wants to starve. I put my phone away and put the living room light on. Just as I was about to go upstairs to get my laptop I heard my door bell and rushed to the door.

Now I know a lot of people would say never open the door in the evening especially when home alone and without any protection, but I just did it and I don't know why. I just had the strong urge to open the door and I did it.

When I did I was met with a familiar face. It was Jason. He was part of the group who make fun of me when I am in the corridor, the one who has the time to write horrible things in a piece of paper and leave it on my desk, the one in Lily's video saying, "It's just banters it shouldn't be taken seriously."

I quickly tried to close the door, but Jason put his foot out so that it was impossible for me to close the door. I had no idea what his foot was made from because it wasn't bugging in fact the door wasn't moving at all despite my efforts to lock Jason outside. I continue trying even-though I knew that it was impossible.

"Get out!"
"Just like the movie. Good one Callar!"
"I mean it Jason!" By this time, I was shaking with rage. Yes, I am quickly angered, and, in this situation, I wasn't doing too great as I could literally feel my heart pounding.
"Just let me in already."
"Fine!" I stopped trying to keep the door closed and he stubbled inside cursing under his breathe. He turned to close the door behind him leaning on it.
"We need to talk Callar. We need to have a serious conversation..." That is when I realised that he words were slurred, and he couldn't even stand straight. He walked into the living room dropping himself on the couch while reaching into his is backpack and pulling out a big brown bottle.

"Who would have thought that a wasted me would be in your house Callar." He drank the contents of the bottle while titling his head back. I stood there like an idiot allowing this guy to get even more drunk in my house. But now I look back at it I think the main reason why is because I was curious about three main things. This was:

1. How the hell did Jason find out where I live?
2. Why did he come to my house?
3. Why was he drunk?

Due to these burning questions needing answering I watched him quietly as he made remarks about me being lucky and how most girls would die to be in my position and that statement alone shocked me.

Other girls die to have a drunk guy in their house? If that's how the popular girls in my school think then maybe its best I am alone. "You know Callar instead of spacing out you might as well take pictures of me and post that on your snapchat...if you have one. Not only will that make your life more interesting but who knows maybe you would get noticed."

I mean he was kind of right. It would make me seem more interesting. Like he said before girls would die to have him around so can you imagine what they would do to have him on their snapchat story.

I decided to take his advice. I reached to the oval table in the room and got my phone out. Yes, I do have snapchat. I find it funny how people in my school and year group treat me as if I have been on earth for decades when it hasn't even been 20 years yet. I started to record myself on snapchat.

"Hey guys" I smile at my camera and by guys I meant my mum, aunty cousins, uncles and of course Lily and Emily. I doubt anyone else from school would see this video. "I was at home when Jason decided to come over and..." As I turned around Jason was waving his T-shirt over his head like a typical cowboy and I couldn't help laughing. I pointed my phone camera at him, recording him.

Oh my gosh Jason! What are you doing?"
"I am a cow boy!" I started laughing so hard I dropped my phone I picked it while saving the previous video I made of me while restarting a new recording.

"What is that song Miley Cyrus sang years ago, and it got me hard." Jason asked while squinting at me. "I don't know she sang a lot of songs." Then it started to sink it. Jason listens to Miley Cyrus's music. I mean there is nothing wrong with her songs, but Jason gives of the impression that he is hard and only plays rap songs out loud when there is no teacher in the lesson.

I stopped recording him while quickly posting the video of him waving his shirt. While doing that the song party in the USA started to play loudly. I turned around saw Jason on his feet trying to dance. Immediately I got my phone out and started to record him while laughing.

"I hopped off the plane at LAX with a dream and my cardigan. Welcome to the land of fame excess, whoa, am I gonna fit in." He carried on shout-screaming while pointing at my camera during his performance. At the end of it he fell on the couch with his legs stretched out.

"You know what I just did Callar?"
"What?"
"I saved you a week of bullying."
"Why do you care?"
"I don't."
"Whatever." I was about to put my phone on charge when I got a message from my sister Miranda. Oh no she had seen my snap and sent me message. That cant be good. I opened her message and like my predication she was asking about Jason:
Miranda: Why is there a shirtless guy in our house?
Me: What are you talking about? I am not home.
Miranda: Where are you then?
Me: I am in the Library.
Miranda: Didn't look like it and besides its late. Anyways I am coming home soon.
In my area there is a library I like to call the gate library, but it's called Winsbury Library the only reason why I call it the gate Library is because it has a big black gate which surround the building the only time the gate is closed is on Sundays and holidays.

I looked up from my phone and saw Jason was asleep. I started to shake Jason while shouting his name. It took a while, but he finally woke up groaning.
"Mum stop."
"Excuse me!"
"Oh, its you." Jason groaned while rubbing his head. "I have slept it away yet."
"What away?"
"The awful feeling known as a hangover. But then again you wouldn't know what that is because you have never drank in your life."
"How do you know?"
"I can just tell. Your innocent." We stared each other in the eye until I realised why I woke him. I may never have drunk alcohol before but the was one thing I knew. You couldn't get over a hang over easily. Right?

"We need to leave."
"You mean I need to leave."
"No, I am going out too. I kind of lied I am out and if my sister comes home and sees me here she would instantly know that I had you in here and I lied we were in the library."
He stares at me as if I just told him that I want us to establish a long-lasting relationship. "Does that mean I have to go library with you?"
"No but neither of us can be seen here." Just as I say this I hear a key being put in the door.

Oh no..