Chapter 23

Movie night ended quicker than it started and that was because Netflix decided to act up and not work. We had all decided to watch the movie skyscraper but it wasnt working so we ended up playing a game together. I sat on a flurry mat while sitting Amy on my lap.
"Let play two truths and a lie." Stephanie said while tying her hair up into a messy ponytail. "How do you play?" Ryan asked.
"OK so we go around in a circle." Stephanie looked around us and realised that we were not in a circle at all. "Or in a weird G shape and when it's your turn you have to say two things which are true about you and a lie. Then we all have to guess the lie. And don't say it in order. Don't say two truths and then a lie try and mix it a bit and try make every statement believable."
"OK let's play." Daniel said.
"I will start first." Ryan said while drinking some fanta from a can. He put the can down and started. "My middle name is Ritchie, my birthday is in November and my favourite colour is blue."
We all stared at him not sure which one is a lie. "I know." Jason said while looking at Ryan who looked like he wanted to laugh. "Your middle name isn't Ritchie."
"It is." Jason's eyes widened. "How comes I never knew?"
"It's because I never said."
"OK so what's the lie?" Miranda asked
"No come on guys guess my birthday is in November and my favourite colour is blue. Which one is the lie?"
"Your birthday is in July so the birthday one is a lie." Daniel said.
"Wait how do you know?" Ryan said while laughing
"Your birthday is in July?" Daniel asked with a smirk.
"Yh it is." Ryan said looking surprised.
"That was a pretty good guess then." I said.
"OK who is next?" Miranda asked.
"I will do it." Stephanie said. We all looked at her as she thought of something to say. "I was on TV, I got a skateboard last month and I own three phones." We stared at her with our mouths open.
"You are aware that only one has to be a lie right?" Daniel stated while giving her a concerned look.
"Oh right I got confused I am sorry. Of course I know there has to be one lie! I brought up the game. Now guess."

I decided to have a go. "You have never been on TV."
"I have." I raised an eyebrow
"What show?" Jason asked.
"BBC NEWS."
"What?" Miranda asked frowning
"It's true I did a prank with G.S and we interrupted the news while it wad going live near the old park." I nodded at what she said. By G.S she meant green snake. My eyes caught on Ryan's and he was giving me the knowing look as if to say. I told you she's part of green snake. Then he spoke out. "The lie is getting a skateboard."
"Nope that's true too. My mum actually got me one."
"Are you any good?" Ryan asked
"Kind of. I am getting there." Ryan nodded. "So having three phones was was a lie?"
"Yep." She said while drinking 7up.
"OK who is next?"
"I will go next." I said. "When I was 14 I dyed my hair light brown but it turned green, I swallowed a needle when I was 11 and I won £50.00 in the lottery." Everyone stared at me shocked apart from Miranda.

"Well let me start of with what's true." She said smiling. "Your hair did go green and I laughed so hard that day and the rest of the days you had to go school like that." I laughed a bit too along with everyone one else. "Wait so your hair just went green?" Daniel asked
"Yh it was like that for a while."
"But after a while it actually started to look nice especially when you straightened your hair."
"I guess."
"Let me guess the lie." Jason said. "You swallowed a needle.'
"Nope that's true." I said as he frowned.
"How the hell did that happen?"
"Well I had a guy friend called Tom when I was little and he used to do this needle trick where he would put a needle between his lips and make it disappear and I tried it and accidentally swallowed it."
"What happened after?" Daniel asked
"Well she didn't say anything about it until she started getting awful chest pains and they examined her and saw the needle." Miranda looked at me with seriousness. "She almost died."
"She has always been a risk taker hasn't she?" Jason asked. I smiled while my face felt a bit hot.
"She has." Miranda said.
"So the lie is you didn't win £50.00?" Jason asked and I nodded in response.
"OK can I do it now?" Jason asked. I said yes while turning Amy the other way round as she had fallen asleep on my lap.
"I have always wanted to be an engineer, my favourite colour is blue and I like bike riding." I smiled at him.
"Let me guess. Your favorite color isn't actually blue?" I said he shook his head. Then what could be the lie. The rest of what he said sound so true and genuine. "You don't like bike riding?"
Stephanie asked.
"No I do. I love it."
"So the lie is you don't want to be an engineer." Daniel said.
"Yh I don't."
"What do you want to be then?" I asked
"A police officer." I looked at Daniel, his smile getting bigger each minute. "Let's discuss that after the game." Jason nodded his head while smiling a bit.

"OK Miranda or Daniel? Who is next."
"I will go." Miranda said. "I tripped over my teacher when I was in school, pulled the fire alarms off for fun and I spray painted the walls near the  library."
"Wow! You're a legend." Stephanie said.
"Yh." Miranda Laughed while pushing a strand of hair behind her ear
"Tripped over a teacher is possible but I don't think you have the guts to pull the alarm." Daniel said while smirking.
"Your right I don't. But I had the guts to spray paint the wall." She said proudly.
"You are very good at spray painting and anything art related in general. I honestly don't know why you didn't do art in uni."
"I like law though." I nodded while looking down at Amy. She was so cute.
"OK Daniel." Stephanie said while eating some popcorn. "Your the last one up!"
"I threw a shoe in my mum's porridge by accident when I was 13. I was playing catch with my cousin using a shoe instead of a ball. I thought I saw a snake in school and the whole corridor was evacuated and some people were called in to get it. I was kicked out for 3 days as a result of that happening. I once broke my leg and arm in a day."
"School being evacuated didn't happen." Jason said before drinking some diet coke.
"How come you don't believe it?"
"Wouldn't the teacher have had to see the snake themselves before calling a team to remove so they aren't wasting anyone's time."
"Thats very smart of you to think deep like that." Jason nodded before getting up and walking to me. "Let me put her in bed. She would normally be in bed by this time" I nodded as I raised Amy up to him and he carried her and took her to bed.
"How is he?" Ryan asked when Jason was gone.
"What happened was awful." Miranda
"What happened?" Daniel asked.
"You don't know?" I asked surprised.
"He wouldn't know Cali." Stephanie said like it was the obvious.
"How come? He is in our school most the time."
"I know but this kind of thing is something everyone would whisper. No one would want a teacher to hear or officer cause then we can get questioned"
"Can someone tell me what is going on?" Daniel asked impatiently.
"Jason was raped by his father and his father's friends." Ryan said.

We all sat still and quiet as we finally deeped it. No one had actually said exactly what happened but Ryan did.
After that no one said a word and Jason never came down. The movie wasn't working still so I gave everyone a plate with some different flavoured popcorn and sweets on it to take out with them. After they were gone my sister went to bed and I sat on the carpet and cried.

I felt so awful.