Chapter 19

The rest of the week was extremely boring mainly because Lily and Emily enjoyed Mr Josh presence that they found ways to stay around him at lunchtimes and study times so they kind of left me.

I had finally finished the abuse unit and was on the psychology unit which was quite hard. That's one thing I learnt.

I am bad at psychology.

To add on trying to be a hero kind of is taken up a lot of my time. Good thing Daniel hasn't realised what I am doing or I would be dead meat. I sat alone in the study area aiming to finish at least two out of the ten essays in the psychology unit. I was fully concentrated when Jason bursted into the room breathing heavily. He leaned against the wall while trying to catch his breath. This guy was extremely hard to understand. Some days he looked really good and he didn't have to try and other days he looked awful. Like today. "Good morning to you too." I greeted. He looked up at me and sat near me without a word. I continued typing my essay while listening to his heavy breathing.

He slumped down in his seat while groaning. "What's wrong Jase?"
"Jase?"
"Yh we should have nicknames for each other." He laughed which sounded like and looked like he was crying. "OK now I feel bad."
"About what?"
"For making you do what you just did."
"What did I do?" I looked at him like it was obvious.
"You laughed-cried."
"Oh." Suddenly my phone vibrated and I saw I had 50 messages on Snapchat. I decided to open one from a random user. It was a message which said:
Why didn't you die while getting stabbed? The earth doesn't need you.

I opened another which read:
Die!!! You b****!

Another read:
Stupid Callcow!

I opened the one at the button which read:
Such a h*e. Sleeping with different guys all the time.

Some boys had also messaged me and I wished I hadn't opened it because when I did it had pictures of the male genitals and horrible captions to this.

So the big question was why are people being horrible on Snapchat? The answer is obvious.

I am the schools geek. Well not really a geek because I am not that smart but mainly because I am Kind of isolated and I had Jason on my Snapchat story which is what people hated. This is why I was kind of glad that my mum had my phone as it made me forget about the bullies and all the negativity. I thought it would end because I was stabbed but I guess not.

There was a Snapchat user name called You must see this! And so I clicked on it and a picture of a girl covered in blood was on the pavement. She looked dead if not dying. It was me. I took a screen shot of the picture before turning my phone off.

Things were getting crazier around me. I needed to tell Daniel if not another one of the school officers. I was putting an end to this BS right now. When I looked back to see Jason he had his head down on the desk and looked like he was sleeping. I needed to find out what was wrong with Jason but first I need to ask Lily about whu she left school early on the Friday Luke was killed and why she was acting up.

Then I need to ask her about Luke as she hasn't said anything about him. I wonder if Emily knows about those two having a relationship. I pushed away the thoughts before continuing with my coursework. 

***

W

e sat outside in the cold and ate our McDonald's meal. Jason could have gone and joined the accepted people in our year group but he had been clinging onto me for some reason. Maybe it's because of my unbelievable good looks.
I cringed at my own statement. I am not pretty.
Jason was eating his fries but I feel like he had been spending too much time trying to finish them. He also had had a big Mac he needed to finish. "So where is Ryan?"
"He went swimming."
"In this weather."
"Yh there's a swim competition on the 13th October."
"Well he hasn't got long."
"Yh."
"Eventhough it's cold I kind of want a Mcflurry." His eyes lit up with amusement.
"Really?"
"Yh but I am too lazy to move."
"I don't think your lazy. I think your frozen." I laughed while trying to move a bit. I felt too stiff.
"I will buy it for you." I opened my bag to get my contactless card but he grabbed my hand making me stop the search. "I will pay for it for you." I smiled as he got up and left. When he was gone I wiggled a bit more in my seat. I will never eat out again in the cold again. Once I finished my fries I picked up phone to check if I got any more messages and surely I got more from different people. But the one which caught my eye was the one from the user: you must see this!
Don't click on it Callar! My inner voice shouted, but I did and a message came up.

You are going to pay for screen-shotting the picture! 

I shivered feeling scared and miserable. I honestly don't want to be punished in anyway. I am so tired of this.

Where is Jason?

It's like he heard me because he walked out of McDonald's with two Mc Flurry's one in each hand. "Here you go Callar." He said handing me one. "Thank you." I said. We stayed in silence while I had my Mc Flurry. I kept thinking about Snapchat and how to tell Daniel. I knew it wasn't going to be hard but I was still worried about his reaction. He had put so much effort in protecting me and it's like I couldn't do the little he wanted me to do which was to stay out of it and keep away.

I am so messed up.

It wasn't long and we were back in school. I had to leave Jason and go to class. I sat at the back doing my coursework when I felt someone next to me and it was Stephanie."Hey how are you?"
"I am good thanks Stephanie."
"Call me Steph and I am going to call you Cali." Wow I never thought of Cali. Maybe it's because people always made my name look and sound undesirable so I never tried to see the good in it.
"So why are you sitting here?"
"We need to talk about Joel." My head snapped in her direction. She knew me and Joel talked.

Oh sweet marmalade!

"Relax I want him to have out of the green snakes." She whispered while flicking her hair back.
"So your working on him getting out." "Yes"
"How though? Leaving a gang is just as hard as joining one."
"I am trying to put him of Joel. Making him see how useless he is."
"What if he kills Joel? What if he decides that Joel has seen too much?"
"Great now you have put me off that plan."
"I am sure we can come up with something else together. "
"Yh that's true." We spent rest of the lesson whispering about what to do and how to go around the situation. Then we came up with a plan.

A dangerous plan. But we needed to take the risk. Joel needed out. He was too young to be going through this pressure.

One thing I have learnt from all of this happening is that I am a risk taker and I don't give up easily.