Chapter 46

Miranda's POV

"Yh I am sorry. I know but let's face it I was always skinnier than you! Fine you were skinny. OK. OK. Remember what this is about. It's about forgiveness."

We laughed as Chole spoke on the phone to one of her ex friends. She wanted to try the whole letting go thing to honour Callar which was great. Jason walked into the room carrying Amy. "I just spoke to my dad on the phone." I turned to face him. "I thought he was in jail."
"He is. For over 5 years. I spoke to him and he actually cried and apologised. He even spoke to Amy." I smiled while giving him a pat on the back. "That is wonderful Jason. I am proud of you."

He smiled and sat Amy on his lap. Ryan ran into the room and jumped into the couch. "I just apologised to the neighbours." I frowned.

"For what?"

"Running naked that night in case they saw me."

"What happened?"

"One of them started to get angry because he said he had a kid at home who saw."

I heard footsteps coming towards the living room. "Oh shoot! He is coming."

We all laughed at him as my mum walked in with the neighbour right behind. "Ryan the neighbour has something he wants to say. The neighbour walked right to Ryan before holding his hand toward him.

"I forgive you." Ryan just stared in shock and after a while he shook the man's hand. We all smiled at the scene then everyone went back to discussing what they were going to do or what they have done. 

I still wasn't sure what to do. I was bad at forgiving and I knew for a fact that Callar would want me to do what I am thinking of doing. I left the living room quietly and put my coat and boots on.

"Where are you going Miranda?" I turned and saw Daniel. I went to him and kissed his lips while his fingers played with my hair. We pulled away and he leaned his head against my. "Stay. Don't go out."
"I won't be long."
"Please."
"Please."
"Where are you going?"
"To the police station."
"What are you going to do?
"Forgive."

    ***

After being interrogated for a bit. I got into my mum's car and drove myself to the police station. Daniel said he would be waiting for me in the garden shed so I told him I wouldn't take long. I parked my car carefully at the car park before walking into the station. There was an older man at the reception desk so I went to him.

"Sorry to bother you sir but I was wondering if I can speak with Stephanie Hill." He started looking through his computer system before looking back up at me. "Only imidiate family can. Are you family?"
"No I am not. I am Callar Winter's sister." He stood up slowly before taking my hand to shake.

"I actually met Callar. I am so sorry for your lost. We usually wouldn't allow this but...I will take you to see Stephanie. I will go in first to see if she is willing." He escorted me to a plain room which was divided in half with a big glass. He told me to wait there while he went to get Stephanie. After a few minutes Stephanie came with the man who brought me here and another officer who sat her down on the seat next to me. They handcuffed her and tied her feet down so she couldn't try and lash out at me.

"OK you two can talk. Five minutes maximum." They both walked out and I just stared at her. Her hair looked badly cut as if someone had tried to hack it off and she had a long scratch mark on her cheek.

"Why?" I asked. She looked away as if the question was too awkward to answer. "Why did you do it?"
"I was on drugs."
"She was your friend. She thought the world about you."
"I was on drugs."
"You were sending her messages all this time."
"She got my Mr Josh arrested. I needed him in my life."
"Before, you were sending messages. Before they were arrested."
"I knew she was getting close."
"So it's true you stabbed her."
"Yh."
"And then you finally killed her. How do you feel?"
"Happy. Now leave me."