Chapter 10

The next day was the same as usual. I got to class early and then Emily came a few minutes after me and we discussed about Lily's disappearance for a bit. During the day Ms Helen asked the class if they know where Lily was and everyone quietly said no.

I mainly kept an eye out to see if Ryan was in school. I even stayed in school during lunchtime just to see if he would be in the canteen but there was no sign of him.
Emily had gone home early as she didn't want to stay in school for the whole day which I found unusual but not unusual enough for me to stop my investigation and see what's wrong with her.
I didn't tell Emily about the investigation as I felt like it's best type keep it private. After a while of sitting in the canteen alone I decided to plan out how I was going to go to his house.
This had to be planned carefully because Ryan knows I don't talk much and he knows I don't like him  because of him and Jason bullying me. He would get suspicious of my actions but then what is there to be suspicious about.
It is not like I am getting anything out of this. All those who said I killed Luke don't actually believe I did. They are just saying it to get a reaction but me being called to talk to the school officer's didn't help as this was just fuel to the fire.
OK so maybe I would benefit from this. I get to have my name cleared and find out what exactly happened to Luke. I left and went to the quiet zone as I didn't want people to see me writing my plan.
When I got to the quiet zone I sat by an empty table and got my diary out. I first started writing the questions I wanted to ask Ryan in regards of Luke. While I was writing the door opened and in walked Ms Right. She was one of the support teachers in our school.
So if you feel down she would come get you from your lesson and talk to you until you feel OK. There was a tall figure behind her and when I looked carefully it was Ryan. Ms Right sat him down on a table near me while she said something in his ear before disappearing.
I quickly got up from my chair without hesitation and walked over to him. I sat in the seat opposite him while he kept his head down. I coughed a bit which caught his attention as he raised his head to look at me.
"Look who it is. My brothers killer." My eyes widened in shock. So now he is in on this stupid joke too.
"Look I didn't kill Luke! Why do you even think that?"
"No one likes you here ok. You have a lot of good reasons to kill anyone in school because they all laugh at you. But you can't because it would be so obvious. So you kill the one which would make everyone confused..." I frowned at his story.
It didn't even add up. Let's just say that I was going to kill one of my bullies why not kill the actual bullies instead of their siblings. To add on I didn't know Ryan had a brother so that would have been impossible.
"Ryan I am sure you don't believe that story. I mean it doesn't make sense. Why get your brother when I can get you."
"Is that why your here?"
"I want to help you Ryan."
"Excuse me."
"I want to find out who did this to your brother."
"Why?"
"You need closure to move on."
"I do?"
"Yes when you find out who did it then you would be able to gather your thoughts and move on." He looked down on the desk and started tracing his fingers over the carved writing on desk. I hadn't noticed it yet but the writing said:

Luke William
1999-2018

"It would have been his birthday next month." Ryan said while taking a deep breath. "And I know your going to laugh at me but I am scared Callar. I am scared to find out who done it. I am scared that it is someone close."

Wow in the past two weeks I had seen two bullies in fear. One in a dark bush and the other in the quiet room.

"Think carefully Ryan. Would you rather know who it is so you can be protected or would you rather not know and be friends with one."
"You have a point." He said while rubbing his head
"Please let me help."
"OK but how?"
"Don't worry about it I would sort that out." I paused then I remembered. "I need to ask you some questions later on. Is it possible if I can come over to your house?"
"Why not ask then now?"
"First I haven't written them out well and second this has to be done in private."
"We are in private. Look around." He was right no one was here but I couldn't risk it.
"It's best somewhere else. I can't risk anyone else knowing about this investigation."
"Umm why?"
"If the killer is really in our school they might hear and get smart. Right now everyone is an open book which makes it easier for me."
"You do make good points. Ok you can come to my house around 6:30pm. Here let me write my address." I quickly stop him. "I have your address."
He frowns "how?" I smirk while getting up and positioning my school bag on my shoulder. 
"I have my ways Ryan. I have my ways." I said before walking out.

                           *****
When I got home no one was in so I grabbed my phone and connect it to the speaker in my room so I could play my music loud. I started dancing around my bedroom to Demi Lovato sorry not sorry song.
"Talk that talk baby! Better walk better walk that walk baby! If you talk if you talk that talk baby! Better walk better walk that walk baby Ohhhhh!" By this time I was on the my bed dancing like a crazy person. After a while I got of my bed and changed out of my uniform and into a jumper and jeans. Then I went to the kitchen to make a sandwich as I didn't want a repeat of what happened last week. After eating my sandwich I went to my room and started looking over the questions I had come up with and started to change some of them.

The official questions I came up with were:

Who were Ryan's friends in our school?
Who were Ryan's friends in his own school?
Has he ever been in a relationship before and if so with who?

Did he have enemies?

Did he keep a diary?

Has he ever constantly been complaining about anyone in particular?

If you are comfortable can you please explain the last day with Luke.

The last question was one I was certain Ryan may not answer but it was important. If he tells me about how Luke was behaving maybe we can both try and see if Luke knew that something was going to happen or if he was oblivious to it.
I closed my book before putting it in my bag and then I got my phone and typed out Ryan's address onto Google maps and it came up. I needed to take one bus and get of afterthree stops and from there Google maps will help me with the walk there.
I double checked my bag to make sure that I have my note book, house keys and buss pass.
Before leaving I ripped a small piece of paper writing down Ryan's address on it and leaving it on the living room table in case my mum and my sister send out a search party for me. I might be gone for a while and knowing these two if they are unaware of where I am they will send a search team.
I would text them now but that would be giving them the chance to get me and prevent me especially when they realise I am going to a boys house.

I quickly wear my trainers and then I am gone.