Chapter 15

After a few weeks in hospital I was finally allowed home with the police by my side as well as my mum and Miranda. Daniel had started making it his thing to take me to school and drop me of at home after I told him about my investigation.

"It's not safe Callar." He warned me.
"No one really knows but Jason."
"Someone else might have realised what you were doing and wanted to end it."
He had a point. But who would this person be? I knew one thing for sure. I had to find out who. I heard the car horn from inside my house and got up from the sofa carefully while getting my bag. I still had my bandages on which meant I had to be carefull not to open the wound. My mum gave me a peck on the cheek and walked me to Daniels car. "Thank you so much Daniel." My mum smiled at him. "Honestly it's my pleasure." He helped me get in the passenger seat and put my bag at the back seat.
" I will drop her off by 4:30pm. She has to stay in school a bit longer as she is behind in coursework. Ms Helen told me this."
"That's OK." My mum closed the door on my side while Daniel got in next to me. She gave me one last wave before she went back inside then we were of.

The whole journey was quiet until Daniel decided to speak up. "I read your Diary." I froze trying to remember what I put in there. Once I realised I looked at him the feeling of fear feeling me.
I had discussed how bad school had been and made notes based on what Ryan told me. That wasn't supposed to be seen.

Investigation officially ruined!

"Your creative Christina." I frowned when he called me this. He isn't supposed to call me that. When I was growing up I started to despise the name Callar so I used to try and get people to call me Christina in Primary school which didn't work.
People started to call me Callarcow or Cacow which was very painful. The name brings bad memories but sweet ones too. My dad used to go along with it and call me Christina or even Princess crystal.
"There's is nothing wrong with being princess Callar you know." He would say while carrying me. I always insisted I was Crystal or Christina. I looked at Daniel and noticed his face was slightly red.
"You wrote it in your diary. You can call me Christina so that's exactly what I am going to call you."
"Oh okay."
"You don't seem too enthusiastic."
"I know. I am sorry."
"Don't be."
"What else did you see in my diary?" He stayed at bit quiet before answering. "You get bullied." He stopped at a red light and looked at me. "Alot." I looked down at my lap feeling embarrassed. I always do feel bad about it mainly because I am physically bigger than the girls who do this so a lot of people laugh when I try to explain. "You shouldn't let people treat you badly. I understand it if girls can be horrible but boys really? How dare they try to pick on a girl! How dare one call you ug-"
"Can you stop?" He looked at me while I looked at the red light slowly turning   orange. "Drive." I instructed and he did.

We stayed in silence for the rest of the drive. I just played with my plaited skirt throughout the rest of the drive while trying to ignore the awkwardness. "OK we are here." I removed my seat belt gently before opening the car door and getting out. I opened the back door and got my bag.
"I will wait here for you at the end of the day. Don't go anywhere else OK."

"Yes dad." I said while smiling at him. I felt bad for snapping at him but when you are in a bit of pain and someone is bothering you its hard to be polite. "See you later." I said while looking at him. He smiled in response while saying the same thing. I walked down the corridor. No one was here as the first lesson had started.
I could occasionally hear teachers shouting and students talking which made me feel a bit scared. I got to my class and opened the door everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at  me. Ms Helen wasn't here yet. I quickly made my way to the back of the class where Emily and surprisingly Lily was.
"Thank God you are OK." Emily said while hugging me. Lily was sitting in front of me so she turned around to face me and patted me on my thigh. "Your good though right?" I nodded. "Just have to keep my stitches well."
Everyone in the class stayed quiet as if they were trying to hear what I have to say. "I kind of have to stay in after school today because I am behind in coursework."
Lily and Emily gave me sympathetic looks. "We would have stayed but we kind of work."
"You guys got a job?"
"Yh." Emily said.
"If you like maybe when you get better you can join us."
"That sounds good. What do you guys do?"
"Hospitality work."
"That's crap! Why not join us?" I looked up to see who said that and saw Stephanie. She had Chole and another girl called Mckenzie by her side. I just stared at them not able to form my words properly. Then I finally did.
"What jobs do you guys do?"
"We work for my mum. We just file papers, stick posters around and take people to the right person they have been appointed to."  Stephanie answered with confidence.
"That seems great but I think I would rather work with my friends in a hospitality."
"That's up to you Callar. I hope you change your mind and if you do I will be waiting."
"That's OK Stephanie."
"How are you feeling now Callar?"
"Much better thanks for asking Stephanie."
"No problem." She smiled at me before walking of with her two maids. Oh sorry I meant friends!

Emily looked at me with a shocked expression. "Wow! Is it just me or was Stephanie kind of being nice."
"I feel like she has always been nice though. I just don't like who she hangs out with." I stated.
"Me either." Lily added. Ms Helen walked in and when she saw me she gave me a gentle hug taking me by surprise. "Welcome back Callar." I smiled and got a laptop and started on my course work. I still hadn't finished the unit based on abused and everyone had moved onto a new psychology unit.

I made a time table on the essays I need to have done and then I quickly made a start on a new essay. This was about what you would do if you noticed someone was being abused. I started doing some research on the smartest thing to do when you noticed someone has been abused.

I spent the next 45minutes typing my essay. I looked over at Emily to see she was concentrated on her essay. I could see from where I was sitting that Lily was searching up Nike trainers which made me smile a bit. I admired that she didn't care about coursework or let it bother her but I did so I continued with my work. 

During this hour my stomach started to hurt badly and I briefly stopped typing to let the pain subside but it wouldn't. It got so unbearable that I asked Ms Helen if I could go to the ladies which she agreed with.
I quickly left the class room and went to the study area as it was always empty. I honestly didn't want to go ladies in case someone like Stephanie followed me and started to interrogate me.

Once I got in I sat in the corner and took deep breaths. Then I saw it. Jason. From Friday 13th. He was coming towards me. I quickly closed my eyes and rested my head on the desk.
"Callar. Is that you?" I slowly looked up at him and could still see the character Jason. This must be the medicine working on me. "Stay back OK. My head is messed up." He still came closer and I closed my eyes tightly. "No Jason! Do you want me to have a heart attack?"
"Look at me! Just look at me." My eyes remained shut and I felt both his hands holding my face. It felt very comforting and his touch felt so warm. So I slowly opened my eyes and saw the character Jason. I let out a squeak.
"Keep looking at me and the false image would go." True to his word after a few minutes I started to see the real Jason. His bright blue eyes bored into my boring brown eyes. I couldn't look away. Today he looked relieved and more relaxed. Or maybe it was because of the moment. I realised we had been too close for a while. When I tried to move back I realised that my head was against the wall.

Jason started to move closer to me and just as he was about to kiss me he moved his lips to my ears and whispered. "Maybe another time." He winked at me before walking out of study. I stayed in my position for ten more minutes before I went back to class. When I walked in everyone stared at me with sympathetic looks. "Are you alright Callar?"
"Yes Ms just having stomach pains."
Then the whole class went "awww" as I took my seat.

Wow I could get used to this treatment.