Chapter 6

I walk down the corridor and sit myself at the back of the classroom and get my note book out and start writing.

Dear diary, after last week I realised something very significant and that is to have fun. I can't believe I am actually saying this but last Friday was the first time I had fun. Even though I was upset because of the situation I enjoyed Jasons company.

I bit my lip before closing my book and getting my essay out. Yes I had finished it. After my sister made me take the cat back to its owner I went to my room and focused on my essay and got it done. I was happy to have had it finished because I put so much effort into it. I held the essay in my hand proudly before someone pushed the door open. It was Emily.

She quickly dropped her bag in front of me before grabbing a chair and sitting in front of me.
"Have you heard what happened?"
"Please don't tell me about Snapchat."  Emily frowned while looking at me. "What about Snapchat?"
"It's nothing." I brushed. "Please continue with what you were saying."
"Did you hear about Luke William being stabbed to death?" I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion then it hit me hard.
"No.." I said slowly. OK I only lied because I really wanted to hear Emily's side and why this has caught her interest. We live in London were a lot of teenagers get stabbed. It isn't anything new. It just adds more sorrow and sadness.
"How come you are asking?"
"Imparently that is Ryan's brother."
I immediately stiffened in my seat. Ryan and Jason are good friends and when they are together in the corridor or around school I suffer because they tease me and block my way so I can't get away. They ensure that I go through the torment.

"How do you know this Emily?"
"How do you not know?" I roll my eyes at her. Well the answer is obvious. I don't follow up with what any of the "popular" people do or who's in their family. I mean who does anyways.
"Everyone talks about Ryan and his brother and how they are very attractive. Have you seen them Callar ?"
I have seen Ryan and I guess Emily is right. He is handsome/hot whatever you call it. It's such a shame his horrible personality gets in the way of his good looks.
"So I am guessing that Ryan isn't going to be in school today?" I ask
"Well what do you think?"
"I think he might make an appearance." I said while smirking at Emily. She shakes her head at me before getting up and returning the chair she sat on to its original place. By this time people had started piling into to the class room and were talking very loudly and trying to make as much noise as possible. While people were taking their seats I kept my head down while reading over my course work and making sure that it makes sense. I like doing this as it ensures that no one is noticing me and keeps me covered. Well that's what I thought.
"OMG! Were you on Snapchat last night?"
"Yh Callar had Jason drugged."
"Imparently Callar killed Luke!"
"OK that's a bit extra!"
"No! She did and Jason saw her do it so she drugged him which is why he was acting weird on her story."
Great I have gone from being ugly and a status killer to an actual killer. How can anyone think I will do such a thing. I didn't even know who the guy was!!!
I kept my head down ignoring their false allegations.
"Aren't you going to defend yourself?" I looked up towards the voice and saw that it was coming from Stephanie. The girl who told me to ignore everyone and stop bunking lessons. I hope her actions don't add to the reasons why I don't turn up at times.
"You never get to defend yourself. Do you Callar?" I ignore her. There isn't anything to say to that. Just as she was about to say something else Ms Helen walks into the room. Everyone goes to take their seats.
"OK Class we have to go to the assembly Hall.  So can everyone leave their bags here as the door would be locked."
"Why are we going assembly?" Stephanie asked.
"You will find out." Everyone gets up from their seats and starts making their way to assembly. I quickly walk in time with Emily while everyone is far ahead of us.
"It's about Luke."
"What's about him?" I asked completely baft.
"Assembly. People believe that someone in our school killed him."
"Why our school. Did he even school here."
"Nope. But he has a lot of friends and some come here."
"So.."
"So he probably argued with some and one of them killed him.
I couldn't believe Emily's conclusion. I mean was she right. Did someone in this school do this or are we all looking at the wrong direction.
"OK Emily let's say that someone in our school did it. Why would we be having an assembly?
"I...I don't know."

When we got to assembly we took our seats at the front as everyone has raced ahead to sit at the back. When I looked around I could see everyone in our year group and that's when I saw Jason. He was sitting with his hands on his lap and jaws clenched. He looked very angry. I could see a few girls looking at him and giggling. Wow these girls obviously haven't heard about Luke because it's like they don't know why they are where they are. Everyone was talking and doing their own thing while waiting for assembly to start.
"Emily where is Lily?"
"I have no idea but..."
"What?"
"I forgot." Emily said nervously.
"Are you sure?"
"Yh" OK that was unusual of Emily to forget what was on the tip of her tongue. She was literally about to say whatever it was and choice not to.

Mr Martin walked into the hall just in complete black clothes. He is the head teacher of the school and everyone seems to like him because he understands slang and even tries to speak slang which is hilarious at times.
At the same time people hate him because they don't get away with much when they think speaking in slang means he wouldn't understand.
He climbed up on the stage and held a small piece of paper in his hand. A PowerPoint had been put up and the cover of it was a picture of Luke.
"Luke was a loving gental boy..." Mr Martin discussed his dreams and how intelligent Luke was. How does he know this if Luke never went school here? Some of Luke's friends spoke a bit about him and how is going to be greatly missed.
After the speeches and presentation slides two officer's in uniform appeared along with a guy in non-uniform. The one in non-uniform spoke out.
"What happened to Luke isn't a joke. It's tragedy which we shouldn't allow to happen again. We need to becareful." I nodded in agreement. People are trying to make light of the situation by pinning it on me when it's serious and needs good investigating skills.

"Just before eveyone goes back to lesson. Can Callar Shawn and Jason Midlands stay behind please." Mr Martin says. I see him point me out to the officers who watch me with a straight face and cold looks on their faces.

That's wonderful even the head teacher and school officers think I am a murderer. I might as well put this is my diary.