Chapter 39

"What would you like?" The woman at the counter asked. 

"Can I have a salad please and a bottle of water?" I glared at Chole for asking for a salad.

Who goes McDonald's to buy a salad and a bottle of water? That is partially why we have shops like Tesco and Asda.

"She was joking. Can we have two big macs and two medium fries please." The woman nodded before putting it in our order. We get our receipt and stood aside to wait for the order. Chole got her purse out and gave me some money.

"I paid Chole." I said as I tried to give it back but she didn't take it.

"No I don't let anyone pay for my food even if its food I know I wouldn't like." I rolled my eyes at her statement. 

"You are going to love it then who knows you might get addicted."

Our number was called so I went to get our order and we took our seats in the kids section as there wasn't anyone there. I took out the big macs and fries from the bag before putting it in front of us.

"Come on Chole. Take a chip." She looked at me and I started to eat my fries. "See it's not poisoned." She nodded before taking one chip and eating it. I smiled and we ate our fries in silence then she reached for her big mac. I didn't want to distract her so I just continued eating and pretended that her trying to get her big mac didn't surprise me. She opened the big mac box and took the burger out. I reached for my burger before pulling it out of the pack. I held the burger with both hands and Chole did the same. 

"This is a burger toast to me eating again. I don't know if I would be ever eating this burger again but I would definitely be eating again. Thank you Callar." I smiled before adding. "Even though you feel like you would never eat this again I hope you do and remember me every time you have this burger." She frowned at what I said. "What do you mean?" 

"University." I clarified

"Oh right." She paused. "This is to our future then."

"To our future." We both took a bite of our big mac and chewed silently before we heard a voice.

"Awww! That was absolutely beautiful." We looked back and saw a cleaner holding a mop. I looked at Chole before we both bursted out laughing spitting out our big mac in the process. The cleaner left leaving us in a laughing fit. I do hope the rest of the big mac remains in us both. Especially Chole.

                            ***
When I got home Miranda was there and she didn't look very well.

"Are you OK Miranda?"

"I am OK just tired"

"Has Daniel been here today?"

"Nope but you have to go to him?"

"Why?"

"He wants to update you on what is going to happen."

"OK. Let me just get changed first."

"Only a few more months and you wouldn't have to wear that uniform again."

"Yessss!" I couldn't wait. I quickly ran to my bedroom and got changed before running downstairs.

"Where am I going?"

"To the police station. Daniel should be waiting for you outside the station."

I nodded before leaving the house. I had to take the bus to the station as it was 15 minutes away and I was too lazy to walk all the way there. When I got of the bus true to Miranda's word Daniel was there.
"Come follow me." Daniel said.

"No hey how are?" I asked.

"Maybe another day. How is Miranda?"

What? He askes about her and not me.

"She is good." Just looked awful but he doesn't need to know that. He walked me through the station and to his office. In the office sat a huge officer who looked very bored in his seat. Was he forced to be here?

Bless his soul!

I sat across him and Daniel took his seat next to the officer. "Right Callar. I called you in today because I wanted to update you on what is going on. When your mum is free I would be also informing her too."

I leaned a bit forward now curious.

"We have been observing your social media accounts and from our observations I believe that the user 'you must see this' wasn't happy when you started to get involve in the whole Luke situation so we believe who ever it is tried to kill you by stabbing you but it didn't work you survived."

He smiled at me and continued.

"Which I am very glad you did. The person got very annoyed because not only did you survive but you continued trying to find Luke's killer so we think that the guy who attempted to rape you was paid to embarrass you in some form of way."

I couldn't believe it. So this guy couldn't just trip me over into a pond!

"The person behind the user name probably told him to do something very bad which can ruin your reputation and your families reputation. I now know the person has Jason's necklace as they said it on snapchat. Right now 'you must see this' is watching you and whoever it is has a plan. A bad one. And it is for Thursday."

My eyes widened at this statement.

"This Thursday?" Daniel nodded in response to my question. The other officer sitting next to Daniel let out a sign.

"We are not going to let anything happen to you Callar." I stayed quiet the feeling of fear filling me slowly.

"What is this person planning on Thursday?"

"A school shooting. They really want to harm you because you helped us find Luke's killer. Now we just have to get a notice out that there is no school on Thursday. Maybe then we might be able to see who it is."

"Yh." After this conversation Daniel walked me out of the station before giving me a pat on my shoulder.

"I have to go back inside for work but please take care of yourself. I would be at your place soon OK."

"OK." I said before going my way.

2 days until Thursday.

****************

Hey guys just a quick notice. I have realised that I have spelt the name Chloe like Chole which is wrong and I am sorry. I have always been bad at spelling so please ignore my spelling mistakes. Love you guys!!!!!