Chapter 27

The week had gone by so fast it was scary. Me and Stephanie only had ten people left to record and out of the ten we had Jason, Ryan, me, Stephanie and six other people who I didn't know properly.

I sat on my bed writing in my new diary. Yes I got a new one. That was because the police took my to diary to read about my investigation and I actually enjoyed writing so I asked my mum to get me another one. I discussed everything which had happened so far and was starting to take up too much pages so I decided to get to the point.

Dear diary today is the day I go partying. I know it seems weird for me to be going to a party as I usually go out late to the library or shopping centre but this is for a good reason.

I decided to leave it there and add more after the party. I heard the noise of wheels rolling so I made my way to the corridor and saw Jason pulling his suitcase down the stairs. I thought he would wait till tomorrow. "Jason!" He dropped his suitcase which just rolled down the stairs. He looked at me with sadness in his eyes. "I am sorry but I have to go. Please let Amy stay with you." Daniel had dropped Amy in a art club a few minutes ago and now Jason was leaving.

"Why do you want to leave?"
"I need time alone."
"I understand but where would you be?"
"I will be at home."
"Are you sure?" He nodded.
"I have to go court in two weeks. I don't really want to but I am going to and I need to get used to that terrible  feeling of being in the presence of something awful which is why I am going home."
"OK but please stay safe." He nodded then opened my door before stepping out. He rested this suitcase at the side of the wall. Then he started to take of the necklace he was wearing. "Here you go." He said giving me the necklace. "This means the world to me so I can't be gone forever as I am going to need it back." He paused before looking me in the eye. "This is evidence I am coming back Callar." I nodded before wearing the necklace then I reached over and gave Jason a hug.
"Thank you for everything Callar."
"No problem Jason." We let go of each other then he grabbed his case and left. After he left I went to my bedroom and stood in front of my mirror to see the necklace. When I looked carefully I saw it was in a shape of a woman and boy. A mother and son.

This must have been from his mother but where is she? Did she leave? Or did she die when he was younger?
I layed on my front on the bed and got out my phone and started texting Joel. It's been weeks since I saw him and I haven't even contacted him yet.

Hey Joel it's me Callar. I was the girl you spoke to in the park. I just wanted to check up on you.

He replied two minutes after and said:

Are you coming to the party tonight? Stephanie came over to our house and said she is bringing a friend called Callie and even though your name is Callar I knew that it had to be you.

Oh super. This meant I couldn't change my mind. I replied to Joel's message.

Yes I am coming. Don't worry too much about us. Just pretend we are not there.

He sent an okay message and our conversation just ended with me saying see you soon.

***

It was 7:30pm and I had got my bag packed for the party/sleep over. Hours before my mum had come home and was talking to Amy in the living room. Amy had asked about Jason and I told her that he has gone on adventure and would be back soon. She started crying which is why my mum had started to keep her company.  I decided to take advantage of the moment and tell my mum about the sleepover. "Hey mum how was work." My mum groaned at the question while picking Amy and placing her on her lap. "It was tiring."
"In what way?"
"A lot of reading and talking. I almost fell asleep. Luckily I get a three day rest."
"

That's awesome mum. So you know how Stephanie and I are now really good friends."
"Yes." My mum responded.
"Well can I got to her sleep over?"
My mum turned to face me. "Why would you want to go sleep in someone else's house? You have a bed and resources here."
"Fine!" I might as well tell the truth. Well the fake truth.
"We are doing an overnight challenge live on YouTube and we need to do it together." My mum raised her eyebrows. "That's strange. Do you even have a YouTube account?"
"I do." I lied.
"Fine you can go. But when Miranda gets home I am going to make her show me this channel of yours." I will never lie again. How are we going to go live and be at a party? The answer is you can't. But I had an idea.
I quickly got my bag and texted Stephanie that I am ready. She pulled over to my house and without hesitation I closed the front door behind me before rushing to her car and jumping in.
"I got your dress Callie and you are going to look great!"
"I hope." The rest of the ride was quiet and we soon got to her house. She parked her car roughly in the garage before getting out of the car. Once we got out of the garage she pulled me by the hand before leading me to her bedroom. She had two dresses laid out on the bed.

Both dresses looked short, making me feel a bit anxious wearing it. "OK Cali you get changed here and I will get changed in my parents room then I will do your make up and hair." I saluted to her before she left and I locked the door. I took the dress in my hands before placing it against myself.

This night is going to be memorable.