Chapter 13

I opened my eyes to see white. That's it. Just the colour white. Then I noticed something on the white. It looked liked someone had drawn a spider diagram on the white background.

Then it hit me.

The white was the ceiling and the diagram is a spider. What a loverly thing to wake up to after being stabbed by a masked man who obviously is way into the movie Friday 13th. I felt like I was dreaming. If it wasn't for the awful pain in my stomach and chest I would be 100% sure that everything which happened was a dream.
I looked around me and noticed that there was someone sitting on the chair with their head back.
The position looked painful to be honest. I couldn't imagine scaring that person. I felt like one small mistake can lead to a broken neck.

Yet I tested it.

"Hey!"

The person sat up quickly and it was then that I realised that the person was Jason. He stood up rubbing his neck and then he saw me.
"Callar your awake at last."
"At last? I am sure it's only been hours."
"No you have been out for a week."
"Where's my mum and sister?"
"They went canteen with Ryan."
"Wait Ryan is here?" He actually came. Why do I care? Stop caring Callar! Jason is here.

"Yh he came. He donated blood to you. I would have but I couldn't."
"He donated blood? I needed blood?"
"Yes and yes. You lost a lot of blood. I was so scared when I heard about what had happened. I didn't hear about until I went to your house to see you and your mum told me. That was two days after you got stabbed."
"You came to see me?"

Did Jason really care?

"Yh I did. I wanted to talk about something but it's fine."
"If you like we can talk now."
"It's fine. But thanks for the offer." He smile at me before saying. "How are you feeling?"
"Awful Jason."
"Everyone in school is worried about you." I never thought I would hear anyone say that to me.
"Really? I bet their worried because I could have died which meant I would have escaped jail time seeing as I am the killer."
Jason chuckled while shaking his head.
"I think they are being genuine Callar. They don't think your the killer. They think the killer wanted you dead."

"Really?"

"Yh"

That's all it takes to clear your name. Just get seriously injured and everyone would instantly change their views.

Sweet.

"Did they find the person who did this?" I knew the answer was no but it's best to try my luck.

"No, they haven't. I am sorry Callar." I nodded while he ran his fingers through his hair. "Emily and Lily wanted to come visit but they couldn't because of school. They said their time was taken because they haven't finished their essay."
"So how did you make time?"
"Oh, I am never busy." He looked down at my hand before holding it. His hand felt so cold and rough.

Something wasn't right.

He looked so miserable and I didn't understand. Was it because he was scared of me dying or was something else bothering him. Why would he be so sad about me? It's not like he cares about me. We just somehow started talking. I even forgot how we got on friendly terms. Oh wait. I remember. He pushed his way into my house late. That's so romantic right?

I was about to ask him why he looks so down when my mum, sister and Ryan walked in.

"Callar!" My sister Miranda shouted while running to me. She hugged me gently before pulling a bag of sensation crisp out of a tesco bag. "I got you this."
"Yes!" I yelled while smiling at her. I love sensations! My mum gave me a peck on my cheek while sitting on the other side of me.
"Hey Jason, how are you?" Miranda asked. "I am OK. Thank you for asking." He let go of my hand gently while smiling at my sister and my mum, then he turned to Ryan and started talking to him.

"So how are you feeling." My mum asked. "I feel better now you guys are here. But I am in a lot of pain. I never expected anything like this to happen to me."
"I will never let you wonder out late at night until your thirty-five years old."
"Mum!"
"I think that is brilliant mum." Miranda said making me roll my eyes.

We talked about the night I was stabbed and I told them what happened but didn't go too much into it as it was making me feel seriously unwell.
The doctor then came in with the police right behind him. And that's when I noticed Daniel with the police. He smiled from a far and I smiled back.
"Hello Callar I am doctor Dawson. I am so happy you are awake. As part of the rules you do have to speak with the police but do take your time and please don't feel rushed.  f at any point you feel unwell please say"

Dr Dawson turned around on his heel and left while the officers came closer.
"I know her." Daniel said to the uniformed officers around. "She was in the school I went to due to what happened with Luke William."
"Oh I see." Another officer who had ginger hear said.
"We have some questions to ask you Callar if you don't mind." A blonde haired officer stated.
"Yes sure please ask them." I said trying to sound polite.
"In that case me and Jason will leave. But it was nice seeing you Callar. I am so happy you are awake. Me and Jason would visit tomorrow."
"Please do. Bye Ryan! Bye Jason!"
"Bye Callar they said in unison." Before exiting the ward.
My sister went to sit in the corner where Jason had sat while my mum stayed where she was.
"OK Callar. Let's start." Daniel said while he held a note pad and pen. But who knows. He probably had his phone in his pocket ready to record everything I was about to say.

Wait. What happened to my phone.

"Callar can we start?" I blinked at them while feeling embarrassed for spacing out. "Yes."

Time to concentrate Callar.