Chapter 16

During the day I was treated differently. Normally I would be teased and tormented through verbal use and sometimes physically.

I will never forget the days my mum made me join the drama club and someone pulled my chair back as I was about to sit. Now I know people find this funny but it wasn't. It was actually very painful. I will never forget the way everyone laughed at me. Even geeky Jack was on the floor laughing. I shivered thinking about it. While Emily and Lily talked and ate their lunch.

"Are you cold Callar?" Mr Josh asked. He was one of the teachers that everyone liked. I even used to like him and me and Lily would overreact whenever we saw him in the hallway but then he announced that he got married last summer and I was suddenly put of.

There is just something about a taken man which puts me of immediately and what turns girls like Stephanie on. I looked at Mr Josh feeling kind of embarrassed. "Not really."
"If you like I can make you hot chocolate."

Oh my gosh. Somebody slap me!

"No...you don't have to." I heard snickering and realised it was Emily and Lily. I had to bite my lip to stop myself laughing. Besides it would be painful due to my stomach and chest. Just thinking about the pain made me shiver again.

"I will get you your hot chocolate. Wait here and don't try to run away." He got up from his seat and left the room. The minute he was gone Lily bursted out laughing and Emily was on the floor.
"Guys I told you we should have eaten somewhere else." I hated it when we stayed in an empty classroom during lunch because it always led to awkward encounters. Like this one.

"It's good we didn't go somewhere else. You would have never got your hot chocolate." Lily said as she flipped her gold locks back.
"Don't worry we are here just drink it quickly then we can go and next time we won't stay here." Emily promised.
"But I want to see my baby from time to time!" Lily said while pouting.
"Your baby is married Lily!"
"Who is married?" We looked back and saw Mr Josh holding a mug of hot chocolate and a plate of marshmallows.

Great.

Lily started laughing nervously while slowly going red.
"Justin Bieber." Emily replied loudly while making me cringe so hard.
Mr Josh put the mug in front of me with the Marshmallows. Then he paused as if it had just dawned on him what Emily said. "Justin Bieber got married?"
"Yh he did." Lily said while going along with it.
"Who did he marry?"
"Hailey Baldwin." Emily said while putting a marshmallow in her mouth. Wow. Mr Josh still looked puzzled.
"They got married? I thought he engaged her."
"Yh then he married her. You missed it sir. It was one hell of a wedding." Lily said taking a marshmallow and popping it in her mouth. Mr Josh looked at me and I shrugged my shoulder while the both of them continued to entertain Mr Josh while.

They even told him that Selena Gomez was there and had stuck her foot out so that Hailey can trip over. While they were talking I started to take sips of my hot chocolate which was very nice. Before I knew it I had finished it and the conversation about Justin Bieber was still going on.
"Wait how come I didn't see the wedding?" Mr Josh asked
"Maybe it's cause your not keeping up to date with the celebrity news." Lily said as she played with her hair.
"Do you have WiFi at home Sir?" I looked at Mr Josh and he had become very red in the face.

Oh Emily you embarrassed him!

"Yes. Yes I do."
"Oh."
I decided to speak up. "I kind of have to go library to borrow some books. Thanks sir for the hot chocolate."
"That's OK."
"You go ahead Callar we will be there OK."
"Yh sure." I was kind of disappointed that they didn't follow me but I guess it's OK. They seemed to like Mr Josh and I don't blame them. It's just not me to have a playful conversation with a teacher. I don't have that confidence yet.

I found a circle table and sat down on it. I got out a note pad and started to plan out the rest of my other essays which needed to be completed. Just as I was writing a tall boy with brown messy curly hair sat in front of me. He had glasses on and kind of reminded of Robbie from the kids show victorious.

And no I don't still watch that!

"You are awesome!" I looked behind me to see who this guy was talking to but the wall was behind me. Wow I must have looked idiotic.
"Never been called awesome before?" I smiled a little. "I have but not by someone I don't know."
"Well I am Reid. I think I am in your year group. Year 13 right?" He held out his hand and I shook it.
"Yh I am in year 13." It was then that I remembered my conversation with Ryan.
"You were Luke William's friend right?" Ryan said his brother was friends with a Reid in our school and year group so it had to be him.

"Yh I was. I guess that's how I am always going to be remembered."
"No I will always remember you as the guy who randomly called me awesome." He chuckled and leaned a bit forward. "It's because you are awesome. How the hell did you survive being stabbed 15 times?" I was stabbed 15 times? Wow now I feel like I might vomit.
"I don't know how I survived. I guess I am lucky."
"You are Callar." I decided to take advantage of the moment and ask random questions which may help with my investigation. This time no one would know. I will just play a curious clueless teenage girl. If that makes sense.
"So Reid, how was your friendship with Luke?" He looked at me side ways as if trying to figure me out but I continued smiling while playing with my hair.
"It was good. Some days were fun and other days were  boring. I guess like a normal friendship."
"Reid there is no such thing as a normal friendship. Some girls like licking their friends toes and they think it's normal but it's not." I let out a giggle at my own stupid statement while Reid stared at me in amazement. 
"Don't worry Callar. We had a very normal friendship. No toe licking or anything like that."
"Did Luke have a girlfriend?" Reid scrunched his eyebrows while thinking. "He did but he never told me. I saw him making out with a blonde girl more than once. He was pretty obsessed with her." My eyes widened but I tried to hide my shock.
"What school did she go?"
"She is still in school. In fact she is in our school. I saw her a few days ago at the club near this school." Now I was captivated. "She is in the school?"
"Yh and in our year but Luke was in the year below."
"And he got obsessed?"
"I think he did. I am probably the only one who thinks that though."
"How come?"
"I tried to tell others what I think and they shrugged it of." I let out a sign. "I understand."
"I am glad I got to talk to someone. Thanks Callar."
"No thank you. You have made my lunch time better. I thought I was going to be alone today."
"Well I am glad I kept you company." He said while getting up. He looked at his watch. "The bell is going to go soon so I might as well go to maths now."
"Bye see you another time Reid."
"You too Callar." I put my book in my bag and forgot about the plan as I had been distracted. Emily and Lily didn't even come to me. They were too busy flirting with Mr Josh!

Well at least now I know more. I guess I am getting close to knowing Lukes ex-girlfriend. She goes to this school and is in our year. I am pretty sure there is someone in this year group who would this girl is.

Then my inner voice said:

"Don't worry Callar you are closer than you think." I hoped this was true. I prayed it was true.