CHAPTER TWO

chapter two

chapter two.
tangled up in blue

    "I CANNOT BELIEVE you disposed of those vampires without me." Rebekah said in disbelief as she peeled her eyes away from the window that overviewed the driveway of the mansion, and to where a crisped part of the ground was burned from the vampires that Klaus had set alight for there to be no trail to their home. The mention of those burned vampires wasn't the topic of conversation that either Rebekah, Esme or Klaus were talking about, but the way in which they were going to be able to get Elijah back. Their plan was well thought of, and getting distracted by the darkened spot out on the driveway was hardly a problem. "You know how I love to set things on fire."

   Klaus had leant against the doorframe with his arms crossed over his chest. The problem of those dead vampires was that the chances of Marcel Gerard being able to lead them to his home was most likely to happen, having them burned and turned to ashes was the best way in which there was no link between the Mikaelsons and dead vampires. "Was I supposed to leave them in the frontyard to rot?" Klaus questioned before lifting his shoulders slightly knowing it was a problem he had to deal with himself. "Besides, they were my responsibility. They attacked the helpless pregnant girl, who's carrying my child."

   "Oh," Rebekah tutted. "I am so moved by your newfound sense of fatherly duty towards the werewolf carrying your hybrid bun in her oven." Esme had covered her mouth to hold in the laughter from the sarcastic comment that came from the blonde, but Klaus had joined in with the laughter just as Hayley had stepped into the room.

    The werewolf held onto a familiar journal within her arms, and Esme's brows raised as she guessed that Hayley had been snooping through Elijah's things. "The werewolf would like to know what the plan is." She stated.

    Esme raised a brow. "That depends, Wolfie. What plan do you mean?" As she begun her walk over to the desk to lean against. "Do you want to know Klaus' plan for global domination, which will never work." Klaus' grin had faded, caught by surprised with what had left Esme's lips. "Or Rebekah's plan to find love in a cruel, cruel world and trying to avoid the love of her life meeting Niklaus? I can tell you which one is easier, if you'd like." A cheeky smile spread on her lips had caused her dimples within her cheeks to form and which a paint brush had been darted for. Esme chuckled at Rebekah, as she had swiftly caught the paintbrush from embedding into her dimple.

    "The plan to rescue Elijah," Hayley replied as her eyes rolled with the behaviour that should've been pushed aside as it came to getting back the other Mikaelson. "you know--the good brother, the one who is now in the possession of your mortal enemy after you stabbed him in the back."

     Esme chuckled. "The plan to get Elijah back is much more easier than Klaus' and Rebekah's." She quipped before throwing herself into the desk chair as she kicked up her feet with ease onto the desk.