CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

chapter seventeen

chapter seventeen.
the big uneasy

ESME'S EYES SKIMMED over the notes in which she had from the grimoires and books she had read over to fill her knowledge with hexes and to grasp more of an understanding as over time spells had updated themselves. As Genevieve had declined being of help to the O'Connells, Esme had guessed that she needed someone who was just as powerful as the ginger and who'd be more willing to help, but Genevieve was the only powerful witch amongst thought in New Orleans. The Browne studied the words written on the page, adding a few extra notes to narrow down how to help Kieran during a worse time of his condition. Her pen hovered over her notebook before hard vibration hit underneath her bed and the entirety of the compound as the lateral chatter of a drill echoed through the home.

Elijah had thought that it was due time to make the compound feel as homely as it had before by tending to renovations. Esme's grip tightened on her pen as she tried her best to ignore the drill hammering against the floor but as it continued, rather irritatingly she had thrown her things to the side to chase after the Mikaelson in leave of decorating the home to something more luxurious.

As Esme had walked out onto the balcony, Klaus had done the same with Genevieve attached to his hip to hover over Elijah who stood alongside construction men in the centre of the compound. He had compelled them to be of help to decorating their home and which Klaus had agreed to but he didn't expect for so much noise. Already Elijah had decorated the balconies with plants hanging down from its railings that had been covered with a splash of dark paint on its wood.

Elijah knew how Klaus and Esme had been somewhat ignoring each other and he was happy to see them both out of their rooms at the same time as he heard their storming approach. "Elijah!" Esme snapped simultaneously to Klaus saying. "Enough with all the racket!" Esme's grip tightened on the railing as her eyes landed on the hybrid who had looked at her longingly causing her to shift uncomfortable with knowing that Genevieve hovered behind him.

"Is there a problem?" Elijah questioned the two as silence had taken over the compound and which had given Esme to chance to think. "Gentlemen, please." He dismissed the men.

Klaus begun his way down the steps and following him around like a lost puppy was Genevieve, who stayed yet another night in their home. "I agreed to a general sprucing up, not a bloody 3-ring circus." He snapped.

"Marcel and his minions abused our home for the better part of a century." Elijah reminded and he felt like they had damaged their home, making it seem nothing like it was supposed to be comfortable for those who lived there. "Now, you might be content to live in squalor. I'm not."

"I agree with your brother." Genevieve spoke up.

Esme's eyes rolled at the witch. "Who asked for your bloody input?" She questioned as her arms crossed over her chest. Anything that was to come out of Genevieve's lips was no doubt going to aggravate her but Genevieve loved irritating Esme and she loved the way how bad she made Esme look in front of Klaus. "All you're here for is to sleep with Klaus. You've done it so now you can leave."