CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

chapter thirty-two

chapter thirty-two.
city beneath the sea

ESME COULD STILL feel the headache that Freya had inflicted on her and led her to her slumber through the night where she was unable to protest with the choice of daggering Klaus. Not helping Esme's painful headache was the sound of her phone ringing, causing a groan to pass through her lips as she rolled onto her side on her within the centre of her room where she had been placed for the night. She never realised how loud her ringtone was of her cellphone as she reached for it on the bedside table. Esme recalled the events that had happened the night before, she recalled that Freya had caused her a headache and snapped her neck that left her unconscious for the entirety of the night. She recalled seeing Rebekah stand by Freya's side as she had done so but Esme didn't understand why her best friend didn't protest. She didn't know what exactly had happened but she recalled the words that Rebekah had told, they wanted to put down Klaus because he was a danger to them and to their plan to defeat Dahlia.

Through her slow movement she had finally reached for her phone, finding that the incoming call was from Camille O'Connell knowing that she had to get hold of the Browne and fill her with the information she had found out. Esme answered the call, unaware that Camille hadn't stopped calling her, leaving here with a dozen messages spamming her phone. Tiredly, Esme had rested her phone to her ear with questioning of the greeting call she was received as soon as she woke, with the blonde's name passing through her lips. "Cami."

"Esme, finally." Camille had sighed in immediate relief that through her numerous of calls made towards the vampire she had finally answered. "I left you a dozen messages."

"There's been...there's been a family crisis." Esme told as she managed to have rolled herself out of bed, stumbling slightly through the haziness of her vision. Whatever Freya had done to her was far worse than a human hangover.

Camille asked. "Have you spoken to Klaus?"

"No. It was difficult for me to when Freya gave me this insane headache and snapped my neck. I just woke up." Esme explained before catching herself against her bedroom walls from tumbling to her feet. "That girl has some real strong power. I feel like I'm coming off some bad hangover."

"You need to speak to Klaus." Camille encouraged causing Esme's brows to knit together in confusion. "Klaus didn't kill Aiden." Esme knew it. Everyone else saw Klaus as a monster but she knew a completely different side to him and though Aiden may have told Jackson about being a spy, Aiden was still someone who was willing to protect Hope and even Isaac. "He just took the blame because of some insane dictator edict about making people fear him."

"I knew it." Esme breathed out as she begun her approach towards her bedroom door. "I need to tell--" Before she had finished her sentence while preparing herself to step out of the door she had felt this hard force that pushed her away from the threshold. "What the--?" Esme pressed her free hand against the door, feeling an invisible wall blocking her path and as she pounded it against it she was filled with realisation that she was suffocated around a boundary spell. "You got to be kidding me?" Esme moved her phone from the ear, forgetting that Camille was on the other line as she had ended it. "Elijah!" Esme screamed his name through her rage as she pounded heavily against the invisible barricade that blocked her escape of her room. "Elijah!" The man had emerged from further down the hall to lay eyes on the Browne who was trying to beat her way out of the boundary spell he knew she wasn't going to be able to get out of. "Elijah! What the bloody hell is this?"