CHAPTER NINE

chapter nine

chapter nine.
the casket girls

THERE HAD BEEN hope that Esme had in herself that she'd be far gone from the city, never having to deal with the problems that were ridden not only within New Orleans but within the Mikaelson family. Unfortunate to her but fortunate to others, her flight had been cancelled to London which forced her to compel herself a hotel room that would home her for the night before she was prepared to leave the following day. The following day which held a celebration she loved sight off as she watched from the balcony of her hotel. New Orleans streets were suffocated with people celebrating the legend of the Casket Girls.

A smile forged its way onto Esme's face as she recalled her time in 1751 with Rebekah and she loved the celebration of something in which her and Rebekah had involvement in. The smile in which plastered across Esme's face had been admired by Rebekah who knew of her stay in the hotel. Rebekah had believed that it was a sign that Esme should stay in New Orleans and try her best to sort things with Klaus, she was the best thing to ever happen to the hybrid.

"I'm glad you're here for another day." Esme had turned slowly to face Rebekah who greeted her with a smile and with a cup filled of blood to help her hunger. "This is a very special day for the both of us." The Browne chuckled as she remembered the day in which her and Rebekah saved the three girls from bombarded carriage journey to a place which the women didn't deserve to be sent to with false belief of what it would've been like. "Here. Drink up."

Esme turned away from the music echoing through the French Quarter before closing the doors behind her to join Rebekah standing with her lush master suite she had compelled for herself. "No one knows I'm still here, right?"

Rebekah nodded. "Just you and I." She reassured as Esme had taken the cup from her hands and immediately took a sip from the straw. "I honestly don't understand why you're leaving. You're in love with Klaus and I never doubt you've ever fallen out of love with him."

"Let's not talk about that." Esme dismissed the topic as she settled at the dining table. "I'm better off in London."

Rebekah sighed as she disbelieved that. Esme may be British but she belonged in New Orleans. "Well, as you're spending an extra day in this city I am going to have to ask you for some help." Esme's brows knitted together in confusion with wonder of what the Mikaelson was going to ask her. "Davina's missing."

"And I am supposed to care because?" Esme questioned as she fiddled with her straw. "Klaus wants to use her as a weapon against the witches and the girl is just sixteen. She's probably legged it."

"Esme, you play peacemaker within this family." Rebekah reminded causing a sigh to escape her lips as she hated the part she played occasionally with the only family she had left. "Maybe you can be of help to making sure this situation doesn't turn violent. I-I understand that things with you and Klaus are awkward at the moment but this may a time where we need you."