CHAPTER THIRTEEN

chapter thirteen

chapter thirteen.
long way back from hell

1215

A BROWN CLOAK dragged along the grass, lightly hitting the back of Esme Browne's boots as she approached a shack away from her town, hidden between trees and owned by a witch who crafted the wooden shack for the reason knowing not all women were pleased with being pregnant. Esme wasn't ashamed, she was shocked as she knew what the Mikaelson family were, who were incapable of procreating and she believed that Klaus was just the same. It didn't make sense why she was vomiting in the morning or how she had missed her period, due to all of her curiosity it led her to knocking on Christiana's door.

The witch had always greeted patients with a smile, somehow she had managed to had formed the contagious smile even with her hair pulled back tightly into a bun out of her face in order for her to work. There wasn't much to say to each other, all Esme knew was that Christiana was willing to help her with confirmation and with keeping a secret until she knew what to do with the child she may be carrying.

Christiana had patted the table in the middle of the shack that was hardly decorated, they were a lot of herbs sitting on shelves that covered a wall and beside the table she had patted down for Esme to lay down after taking off her cloak, was a little table with a necklace and a few other tools she kept beside just in case. The witch had noticed Esme's nervousness as she shifted uncomfortably against the wooden table that had been crafted by Christiana's son. "Are you nervous?"

Esme nodded admittedly. "I am not expecting to have a child. I was not expecting to ever have a child. I did not think it was possible for a maiden like me." She told before Christiana's hands hovered over Esme's stomach muttering words Esme wasn't familiar with as it wasn't publicly knowing of the magic witches used for their safety. Christiana's eyes fluttered closed as her hands slowly moved as if they were examining Esme's stomach. When she had stiffened, Esme's brows had furrowed in confusion as she had propped herself onto her elbows unknown of the whispers in which Christiana heard before she had muttered out loud what she had heard in a language Esme had never heard. "Christiana? Am I with child?"

Christiana's eyes had opened her muttering stopping and her eyes narrowing on the Browne with a smile. "You're with child, Esme. I believe you will make a wonderful mother, everyone already envies your beauty now they can envy the beauty of your son."

Tears had formed in Esme's eyes at the mention of the gender of the child she had been shocked to even be carrying. It was a lot of news too fast but it was beautiful news. "Son?"

Marcel glanced away from the two police officers to Esme who had been silent since she had told the truth that she had been hiding for over 8 centuries. Elijah wasn't too happy with Esme that he had chosen to keep his distance from her leading to his wonder to the cemetery to speak with the witches in hope of retrieving his sister and brother. Esme had been worrying Marcel, her skin was paled and her hair was pulled back into a ponytail as even though the locks of her hair were short she still grew irritated by them.