CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

chapter thirty-one

chapter thirty-one.
when the levee breaks

THE SECOND IN which Esme held her son, she didn't want to let go of him, ever but with the problem surrounding them, another crazy witch, she had to. Isaac Oscar (name of his brother before) Mikaelson had been settled into the arms of his other brother. Marcel Gerard who arrived an hour after his birth and who immediately fell in love with him. He was rather tiny and calmer than expected after leaving the womb and being greeted into a world that was already after him. Esme hated that thought and she knew she didn't want that for her newborn which caused for her departure from his side, she wanted to decease the threat that towards her son and she knew she couldn't of done that while locked up in a jazz club with a bunch of wolves. The Browne was prepared to kill Dahlia with her own hands, to make sure that her son and that Hope was not going to be under threat, ever.

Slowly, she strode into the dining room, awaiting to talk about a plan that discussed the end of Aunt Dahlia but she had unexpectedly walked in to fine cuisine that Klaus had no doubt compelled sprawled out onto the dining table he sat at with a mimosa in hand and a smile smacked on his face. His happiness were of two things: the fact his father is now dead, for good and that Isaac had been born. He felt it was the right time to celebrate as if he had pushed the thought of Dahlia to the back of his mind.

Elijah stood at the opposite end of the dining table to his brother, questioning how calm he could've been in a situation needing for them to worried. Esme wasn't in the mood to eat what Klaus had to offer nor was Elijah. His hard stare was questionable towards Klaus as he noticed the way his brother stared at him intensively. "Is something the matter, brother? Can I fix you a drink, perhaps?"

"Strangely enough," Elijah quipped. "I'm not in a mimosa mood."

"Fantastic," Klaus chirped as his eyes flickered towards Esme who had slowed to a stop beside Elijah with her eyes trailing along the food that wasn't to be expected to be out on the table. "more for me. Unless, Esme..."

Esme's head shook. "I-I don't understand." She voiced as her hands rested on her hips. "I don't even know how you're in the mood for a mimosa when your crazy Aunt Dahlia is running around looking for your two children. I think we need to discuss strategy." She had stalked forward heading towards the seat beside the hybrid. "I'm just curious if you actually have one."

"We can begin with Mikael's ashes." Elijah mentioned as it was noticeable that the burned to a crisp corpse had disappeared from the compound. "Given that they are the main ingredient in our weapon against Dahlia. Would you care to tell me where they disappeared to?"

Klaus had slammed his mimosa glass onto the table with irritation that Mikael's ashes seemed to have been Elijah's biggest concern compared to the food laid out for him on the table. "Elijah, I have compelled the city's finest pastry chef to your own personal edification and yet you ignore my efforts in favour of needles concerns."