CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

chapter twenty-seven

they all asked for you

"IT'S TIME TO use our werewolf army." Esme's brows raised at Klaus' announcement as she sat on the leathered couch while her hand clasped beneath her stomach to listen to what the hybrid had been thinking through his night sleep. He knew how Hope needed protection from his Aunt Dahlia, who, from stories he had heard was due to come after his baby girl making Jackson and his pack the perfect army that swore to protect the miracle baby. The reason as to why he felt it was for the best to start making sure that their home was protected at all times was because of the fact when Rebekah had escaped the Fauline Cottage, Freya Mikaelson had escaped alongside with her hadn't been seen since and Finn's body was missing from the morgue. The thought of his death being permanent had drifted away to the thought of him still roaming around New Orleans. "Finn and the woman who calls herself my sister are in this city. The wolves can help us pinpoint their location."

"No." Jackson objected causing Esme to bit down on her tongue as she thought of saving the Kenner before he had dug himself into a hole that Klaus would probably kill him in. Klaus liked to have been in control of things, somewhat believing that he was doing the right thing for his family, sometimes he was and sometimes he wasn't, the idea he had to keep them safe and which he believed was the smartest had been declined. "We need all hands on deck here with Hope. You can compel humans to track your enemies."

Klaus' head tilted to the side in curiosity. "Do my ears deceive me, or did you just give me an order in my own home?" He questioned as Esme had sighed heavily while sulking further into her seat beside Jackson. As Jackson and Hayley had moved in, Elijah had moved out, leaving Esme trying to deal with Klaus not ripping off Jackson's head.

"This ain't about your ego, Klaus." Jackson remarked. "It's about what's best of that little girl."

Klaus' irritation had grown stronger towards the Kenner. "How dare you question my intentions for my daughter?" He barked.

Before Jackson had the chance to reply to Klaus, Esme had caught him by placing a hand on his arm with a warning look to make sure that there was no bickering between them both. "Please, Jack. Let's not argue right now."

"Klaus is right." Hayley spoke up and shockingly it was her agreeing with the hybrid who was rather chuffed by it. "Finn's body disappeared from the morgue, which means either he's powerful enough to heal from the explosion, or Freya's powerful enough to save him. Either way, we're not finding them unless we send our best people out there."

A grin formed on Klaus' lips knowing that either way Jackson was following his order though Hayley had persuaded for him to do it. "But I'm sure you and all your merry men will find them posthaste." He quipped

Jackson had pushed himself to his feet, stalking towards the hybrid with hate of the belief that Klaus thought he was doing it for him. "Just to be clear. I'm giving this order because Hayley is asking. Don't think for one second I take orders from you."