CHAPTER TWENTY

chapter twenty

chapter twenty.
the battle of new orleans

GENEVIEVE HAD FELT that it was the right thing for her to tell the truth towards Esme and Klaus. As much as she thought of hiding it from them, it was better for them to know. She had been trying to distract herself with rehearsing and memorising the spell for the moonlight rings that were planned to begin to given to the Crescent wolves to hand them more power. Genevieve was far too familiar with Esme's story and as much as she tried to bite her tongue from telling Esme the truth she had told Klaus to bring her into the dining room for a talk that he managed to have had persuade her to tend.

Even though, Genevieve had been helping to Hayley, keeping her steady when she had been near to her death and with how she was helping with the spell for the moonlight rings, Esme didn't seem to be able to even think of trusting her. For the damage in which Genevieve had caused the Mikaelson's and was what Esme was forever going to hold against her, for as long as she was to live.

Esme stood at the opposite end of the dining table with curiosity. "What do you want?" She asked, she knew to keep her distance from the ginger, questioning what she would do if she had stepped any closer towards her.

Klaus noticed Esme's irritation with the witch's present causing him to speak up. "Genevieve said she has something to say to us both."

Esme raised her brow. "Is it an apology?" She questioned as her arms crossed over her chest. "I've been waiting for one of those for a while from you, to be honest."

"No."

"Oh, you're not here to apologise?" She wondered before slowly backing away, hoping to slip out through the door into the centre of the compound. "Well, I guess we're done here."

"Esme," Genevieve had jumped to her feet causing the chair to scrape along the floor, screeching slightly causing Esme to stop herself from stepping out of the door. "you're going to want to hear this."

"Genevieve, I would recommend if you would just tell me already." Esme demanded as she slowly begun her approach back towards the table. "I already don't have patience because I don't like you and recently my patience has been thin..." Her eyes then flickered towards Klaus with a glare. "You said I was never going to have to deal with her."

"You're pregnant, Esme." She didn't know if words had deceived her or Genevieve had spoken the truth to her as silence fell upon the room. Klaus was astonished with the words that left the witch's lips as he had looked back at her questioning if what she spoke was true. As shocked as Klaus had been Esme worked on anger knowing that she was unable to procreate and believing that Genevieve was fibbing.

Klaus had caught Esme by her shoulders as she had prepared to tackle Genevieve into the wall to hold her by her throat but Klaus had beat her before she had the chance. His face had hardened as Genevieve was an important ally to them at the very moment. "We need her, Esme."