CHAPTER FOUR

chapter four

chapter four.
sinners and saints

      REBEKAH'S EYES TRAILED on Esme as she paced up and down the living room where they awaited for Klaus to return with Sophie Deveraux who had been waiting for at Rousseau's. The blonde didn't know how long she could take her best friend pacing for as they continued to wait. Esme felt better with a goodnight sleep and enough blood that would put her back to her full strength for the day and which she needed to be at. Within New Orleans sometimes you couldn't predict what was going to happen.

Esme sipped some of her coffee whilst peering over the top of the mug to where Rebekah had rested on the arm of the chair trying her best to ignore Esme's constant pacing. The Browne sighed heavily before she had stopped her movement and placed her mug to the side to try her best to steady herself from the movement. She questioned herself why she paced up and down, but it was just due to her impatience that was growing within her stay in the city.

Before Rebekah had thought to open her mouth, the sudden appearance of Sophie being thrown into the couch opposite them had caused their attention to narrow on her. The witch was taken back as she tried to gather her bearings as she had blinked from where she worked as a chef in Rousseau's to the Mikaelson's home.

Sophie's eyes fell onto Klaus who stood over with anger written over his face from the night of here his baby momma and been attacked. "We had a deal." Klaus reminded. "You protect my unborn child, I dismantle Marcel's army, and whilst I've been busy fulfilling my part of the bargain, you allowed Hayley to be attacked and almost killed by a gaggle of lunatic witches."

The hybrid rested himself into the couch opposite Sophie who immediately chose to prove her innocence. "I had nothing to do with it, I swear." Esme rolled her eyes as her hand fell to rest on the back of the couch. "Hayley and I are linked, remember? She dies, I die."

"Then who were they?"

"They're a faction of extremist." Sophie stated as Esme's brows knitted together in confusion. "Sabine stupidly told them about some vision she had about the baby."

Esme's brows had knitted together in confusion, hoping for there to be an explanation of what Sabine had seen. "What kind of vision?" She asked.

"She has them all the time." Sophie told as she never really paid attention to what the older witch had said. "They're totally open to interpretation. I'm guessing she's wrong on this one."

"Well, how, may I ask, was this particular vision interpreted?" Klaus questioned as he leant forward with eager to know what was talked about his child.

"Pretty much that your baby would bring death to all witches."

"Ah," Klaus perked as his mood her seemed to lighten. "well, I grow fonder of this child by the second."