CHAPTER FIVE

chapter five

chapter five.
fruit of the poisoned tree

ELIJAH'S RETURN HOME had caused an outbreak in classical music and two brothers sitting together in one of many living rooms within their home. Klaus believed he needed to gain forgiveness from his older brother after daggering him in his chest and handing him over to Marcel as if he was an object. Esme knew the ways in which Klaus tried to gain the forgiveness of his siblings and he never had much to say but there was a lot of gifts he had bared, and the one included a blood stained carpet from the girl he head fed off of and left to bleed out on the coffee table in the middle of the living room.

Esme was amused in some aspects. As soon as Elijah returned home, Klaus' thought was to bleed an innocent girl dry and read in the same room as his brother as if it was supposed to help rekindle their sibling relationship. Rebekah had questioned it more than Esme as the blonde strutted into the living with furrowed brows whilst glancing at the dead girl before looking between her brothers knowing that she needed to have an explanation.

The Original was confused and tried to grasp what was happening within the room she had joined Esme in studying over the classical music that begun to irritate her. "So this is what you do the first time we're back together as a family--vampire book club." She quipped.

Esme's arms crossed over her chest. "Just to let you know, if this becomes a thing I think I'll be heading out here faster than Klaus can say 'no'." Her silence had broken whilst the hybrid's eyes rolled at what the Browne had to say about him.

"Reading edifies the mind." Klaus stated as he read the poetry he had compiled into one book before looking up at his brother. "Isn't the right, Elijah?" He asked.

"Yes." Elijah replied as his intrigue was in his mother's grimoire. "That's quite right, Niklaus."

Esme clicked her tongue before pointing towards the girl who had a neck torn into with fangs. "And, um, what is this bloody business?" She questioned as she hoped that the boys would be able to explain about the dead mundane within their house.

"This is a peace offering." Elijah sighed.

"I presume, after so much time desiccating in a coffin, that my brother might be a bit peckish." Klaus had thought as he believed he was doing an act of kindness and also he was of apologising towards his brother.

"So I explained to my little brother that forgiveness cannot be bought." Elijah added as Esme pinched the bridge of her nose. "I'd simply prefer to see a change in behaviour that indicates contrition and person growth, not this nonsense." His hand flicked whilst gesturing to the mess that the dead girl was leaving as blood spewed from her neck.

"I couldn't very well let her go to waste, could I?"

As Klaus had broken out into a grin, Rebekah was more interested in clearing up the blood and the dead body within their phone. "Well, I suppose I'll fetch the rubbish bin because she's staining a 200-year-old carpet."