CHAPTER TEN

chapter ten

chapter ten.
après moi, le déluge

"THE ITALIANS CALL them Strega. The Yoruba of West Africa call them Aje, meaning mother. Where my mother was from, they called them Hexa, and here we call them Witch. Over the centuries vampires had fought them and fought beside them, bedded them and burned them. Whether adversary or ally, they have been a forced to be reckoned with. Their ancestral magic anchors this city. There's never been an all-powerful witch. Until Davina." Hayley had settled in the chair whilst stroking her bump with use of her thumb as Esme stood behind her looking over the collection of drawings which Davina had made which had been put together to show an ex-lover of Elijah Mikaelson, Celeste.

Klaus had marched into the room to the end of Elijah's tell towards Esme and Hayley as they had wondered why Davina would've drawn Celeste out of all of the witches. "Who is now tucked in safe and sound down the hall under my protection." Esme had rolled her eyes helplessly with how Klaus had seemed to have stuck to his word with not hurting Davina. "Your Celeste was quite beautiful and portent of evil according to our volatile artist in residence." Klaus quipped

"Yes. Perhaps Davina's mistaken what she calls evil for power." Elijah replied as his attention narrowed on the picture. "Celeste was certainly very power in her day, but she's been dead for over 200 years. I don't understand why all these sketches now." He wondered whilst settling into he couch within the living room where the four had gathered to figure the mystery.

"Why does any witch do anything?" Klaus questioned as he had joined his brother in sitting on another piece of furniture within the room.

Marcel had been trying to return to good terms with Davina, it meant smothering her with same sort of love which he for her before but Davina was still angry and upset for the death of Timothy who should've never had been involved in her world. With the sudden ruckus it had caused Esme to sigh as she had rested against the back of Hayley's seat as she knew that Davina wouldn't be fulling into forgiveness for quite some time.

"Well, that's going well." Klaus commented causing Esme's eyes to roll.

"If you were trying to win the girl's trust, perhaps poisoning her one true love was not the most splendid idea." Elijah retorted as his eyes pulled from collection of papers that had been put together to his brother who should've carried guilt for what he had done.

"Oh. Are there any more inopportune deaths you'd like to wave in my face?" Klaus questioned as if he had figured his choice had been terrible.

"Give me a month. I'll get a list.

Klaus broke out into a chuckle before another smash had echoed through the compound and which he had figured had something to do with the teenage witch. "Young, old, dead, or alive, witched are a pain in the ass." He sighed.