CHAPTER SIXTEEN

chapter sixteen

chapter sixteen.
moon over bourbon street

IT HAD BEEN questionable how New Orleans had turned to being so chaotic, where vampires and witches fought against each other. Where everyone worked against each other. Esme had watched it all commence from her balcony as she tried to keep her distance away from Klaus as he wished to have more time to think about what he wanted, but the hurt he had was still there and he was waiting for it to fade. Was it ever going to fade? The Browne had found herself pulling her attention away from Klaus, not wanting to be bother him as much to know where his head was at and it lead her to helping her Camille O'Connell with her hexed uncle. Esme had only encountered Father Kieran one time before she knew of the hex before she had seen him regularly taking in the difference of behaviour and how he was deteriorating.

Esme offered her help to Camille knowing about the twin brother she had lost and how Father Kieran was another family member she couldn't afford to lose. Another reason as to why she had helped was to ignore who Klaus slept with leading to their distance even more as he 'needed more time' by having sex with Genevieve, the witch who tore Rebekah away from him and tortured her.

In order for her to find answers on the hex on Kieran, Esme had taken her time reading through her mother's grimoire and her father's in hope of finding something that could be of help to the O'Connells. She'd read them on her balcony, able to look over the city and the terror in which the vampires distributed and the violence the witches distributed. Klaus was the 'King' of the city and he hadn't even bothered to sort the problem but rather sleep with the ginger in the other room to where Esme's bedroom was.

Elijah had begun to take charge in which was to calm the streets of the city and which had gathered representatives of each faction to sit around a table before being interrupted by Hayley Marshall who had knowledge of the meeting that excluded the werewolf faction who deserved as much as a place than any other faction. Due to her intrusion the meeting her concluded early without much to be talked about and which had led Genevieve to returning to the compound to enjoy some time with Klaus.

Esme hated how Genevieve hovered around the home and she had hated how her notebook in which she had been scribbling down information she found was in Klaus' room. Even though they lived together, Esme couldn't remember the time where she had looked into the hybrid's eyes or even looked at him in full. They avoided each other. Esme was jealous with what Klaus had with Genevieve and Klaus had felt the guilt of sleeping with the witch knowing he had told Esme he needed more time to where he played it in a different way.

The heels of her knee high boots slapped against the ground as she marched her way into Klaus' room praying that Genevieve wasn't there. "Klaus," She called as she wondered over his couch in one centre of his room. "I think you picked up my notebook by mistake..." Her voice had trailed off when she looked up from the couch to Genevieve who hover in Klaus' room in her grey undergarments and where a robe covered her from being too bare.