CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

chapter twenty-two

chapter twenty-two.
the brothers that care forget

MIRACLES--AN EXTRAORDINARY event that is not explicable in nature laws. It had been a term in which Esme had always struggled with until Hope Mikaelson had been created and brought into the world as a bright sunshine that lit up her and Rebekah's world. Miracle had been a term in which she doubted she would ever believe but with her lack of belief in miracles, it was harder to believe that she was one, breathing on the planet and carrying yet another miracle part of the Mikaelson family. It was this massive loophole that the world had created.

Over the course of five months, Esme had been trying to get use to the way her body was changing with her pregnancy, making it seem much more of a reality. When she was at two months, her bump had started to form and where her jeans had no longer fitted her the way they had used to. Three months after that, she'd stare into the mirror and comprehend that there was a child growing in her, a second chance and a boy no doubt going to bring her joy.

It was an unconscious thing when she'd rub her stomach and smile with whatever she was doing, from feeding Hope, cooking, bathing, writing or reading. The smile that had formed on her face was filled with joy, and her eyes would light up as she felt that running her hand over her stomach was her way of connecting with her son. Deep down, she knew that he could feel her touch, feel her love and her excitement for him entering into the world and making her life incredibly different. Esme did just wish that Klaus would've been there to watch it all.

Mason. No.

Ryan. No.

Jesse. No.

Rory. No.

Liam. No.

Esme's pen lifted off of her notebook she carried around with her, that held a collection of names she had been questioning to name her son. With a sigh she had pressed her pen to her lips to begin to chew onto the tip of it before taking a glance towards Rebekah who was crouched down in front of Hope, pushing her back and forth in the swing she found humorously fun. Hope would break out into a smile as she reached her aunt in the swing, and all she could smile with were her gums as her teeth hadn't started to grow.

Rebekah was brilliant with children, she had a rather natural maternal instinct with her niece who she returned a bright smile to as she lightly pushed against the swing that went back and forth for Hope's fun. Esme rested her pen into the margin of her notebook to tuck it away and for her to pick herself off of the bench due to her uncomfortable it had gotten for her back. She never thought she'd feel aches or pains, but the pinches running along her lower back was horribly felt.

The playground was rather a beautiful thing to see, the parents with their children, laughing and running around, it made Esme think of what her life may be like when it came to having her son. Hopefully, she'd no longer be living under a cloaking spell and would finally be able to return back to New Orleans, where the rest of her family was, she wanted them to be back with each other.