Dying

Cheryls POV
Its been almost a year since the accident. Toni, a 17 year old just cruising along on her bike, minding her own business when a drunk driver took her out and put her in a coma. Almost everyone else had given up hope- but not me, I knew Toni was still in there somewhere.
"SHE'S CRASHING! GET A CART ASAP,"
I get woken up y screaming doctors for the third time that night. It was becoming apparent to me that Toni was dying.

"Ms. Blossom, Toni's organs are beginning to shut down, there is fluid in her lungs and her heart is getting increasingly weaker, I'm afraid this could be Toni's last night with us, I'm so very sorry,"

"Thank you doctor,"

By now you would be expecting me to cry, or scream but its been a year and now I finally know what to do. I go sit next to her bed and grab her hand. I kiss the promise ring I gave her only a day before the accident.
"Tones, I know for the past year I've been sitting here telling you to fight, to not give up on yourself, to not give up on me, or us for that matter... and I'm sorry Toni, you must be in so much pain so you can go, ok? I want you to be happy again and be pain free. Baby I'm so proud of how long you held on and how long you fought but its time, I dont want you to suffer anymore than you already have. I will never love another person the way I loved you, you are my one true partner, my soulmate and true love, Toni Topaz I love you. I should have said it more. I am going to be a better person for the rest of my life because of you. You once told me that you found me and I was who you would die for so you were going to live for me, and I didnt understand until now because Tones I promise you with my entire heart i will live for you, I wont do anything stupid if you leave, no more sweetwater incidents I swear it, but I need to know you're not in pain anymore. I'll be ok, the boys will be fine but I cant watch you suffer anymore. Babe I dont know if you can hear me but if you can, listen to me for once. If you think you have the strength and if you are feeling well enough push out of this, if not- let go, dont feel pain any longer," I finish my sentence with tears in My eyes but I know this is the right thing to do. "I love you, I will never love anyone else the way I love you."

The machines begin beeping in a different pattern then they were before and I just move her hair away from her face and hold her hand.

"You're the strongest, kindest, and most stubborn person I've ever known all in one, it's ok. Just remember I love you, say hi to JJ and your grandfather, go be happy,"

I start crying really hard now. I bury my head in her torso and just let myself sob.

"Don't cry Cher," I hear a faint whisper from the bed and I shoot up
"Toni?" I say in disbelief
"Hey baby," She says with a half smile
"Toni Topaz you scared me half to death,"
"You look tired," She says ignoring my comment
"I havent slept very good for a while because I was worried about my girlfriend," I say matter-or-factuality
"Come here," She says opening her arms
I crawl into the small hospital bed with her while she plays with my hair
"I love you," i whisper
"I love you too,"
A couple minutes in comfortable silence passes before the boys come in.
"Cheryl you havent slept in weeks, go home we will watch Toni and call you if... HEY!" Fangs says finally noticing Toni
"Thanks boys but I just got comfy," I say looking up at Toni
"Hey bros," Toni says softly
"TOPAZ WHATS UP?" Sweet pea yells
"Quiet down Pea, Just woke up,"
She talks with the 3 boys for a while until they get called by FP and leave. Tears started streaming down my face after they left.
"Whats wrong babygirl?" She asks rubbing my shoulder
"Just really happy Tones,"
"I know your happy tears Cher, whats wrong?"
"I feel guilty, all year I was here telling you to fight and it wasn't until today until I remembered how much pain you must've been in, it was selfish."
"No it wasn't Cheryl, it was ok, I would have done the same. I wouldnt have even thought of the pain you were in, I'm not that smart," She jokes
"I love you so much Toni,"
"I love you too Cher,"
Just as we finish our conversation we hear FP yelling at a nurse.
"WE'RE HER FAMILY I THINK YOU OWE US A PHONE CALL IF SHE IS DYING,"
"No one told FP?" She asks
"Guess not," I laugh
He runs in here and his face immediately goes from angry-confused to confused-happy.
"Toni! The boys told me you were dying?" Were the only words he could get out
"The boys played you because i talked to them less than an hour ago," She laughs
"I'll let you two talk," I say getting up
"No you're staying right here bombshell, you need to rest and sleep,"
"I thought you were the patient Topaz," I say laughing
"Nope you need sleep, the boys said you havent had a good sleep in weeks,"
"Fine," I finally give into her pleas
I drifted to sleep in her arms and slept good for the first time this year