Hired Help pt. 2

Toni's POV
It's been a week since I quit Pea's and Cheryl hasn't called
I just wanna know how she is.
I get a call from a blocked number.
"Topaz," I answer blandly
"Tones, I need to see you," I hear a familiar voice say
"Cher?"
"Toni I know you're busy, please I need to understand,"
"Of course Cher, whenever you want,"
"Pops in 15?" She asks
"I'll be there C,"
"Okay bye, lov-," she stutters "goodbye,"
She hangs up and I get changed. A fishnet top, black leggings and a beanie. I have more pink in my hair than last time she saw me.
I drive to Pops and she's already sitting in our usual booth.
"On time for once Topaz?" She asks
"Couldn't be late for a second chance," I say
She looks beautiful, But like hell. I'm only an honest person. She's been crying and hasn't slept.
"Who said this was a second chance?" She asks
"Touché Blossom,"
"I just wanna know why T?" She asks "was everything a lie?"
"No C, I love you," I say "I promise I do, it started as Pea wanting me to meet you, get you drunk and pull you into the wyrme. But I could tell you were nice and pretty and I wanted to see where it went so I made up an excuse to get closer to you,"
"Then why would you do that to me if you actually loved me?" She asks
"Pea held a knife to my throat," I say "I didn't know what to do- he's my brother I didn't think he'd actually do anything,"
"But you could've told me, not taken me there- we could've run away,"
"Cher, I'm sorry Okay? I didn't know what to do?" I say "I had no other choice,"
"You did Toni, you could've talked to me,"
"Cher I genuinely didn't think I could. This conversation right here was the one I was trying to avoid," I say "what was I supposed to do? It was either do this and get you angry- or me die and you never know why and maybe not move on. Atleast now your pissed enough at me to never talk to me again," I say "but you're safe, Pea and Fangs no longer give a shit about you, the other way would've just made them go at you directly. So I am sorry for what happened but I'm not sorry for saving your life,"
She purses her lips and looks at me. We sit in silence and I get up and leave.
I can't drive in the rain so I just sit on the bench. I sigh thinking about what I lost.
Cher comes out and goes to her car.
I can't believe I screwed up.
She takes something out of her trunk and walks over. Maybe something I left at her house.
No it's an umbrella.
She opens it and sits close to me so that the umbrella is covering both of us.
"I hate you Toni," she says "I hate you so so much because I love you. And you made me make this fucking choice between hating you and living you but I can't. I can't do it Toni. I won't hate you because I love you,"
I sit there not knowing what to say and she kisses me.
"Don't you fucking lie to me, ever again Topaz," she whispers connecting our foreheads "I'm not letting this ruin us and we have shit to talk about but you can't do this to me again because I wont survive,"
"I promise Cheryl," I whisper "never again,"
We kiss
And I'm not screwing this up