Hired Help

Cheryl's POV
"Hey tones," I say answering the phone
"You on your way yet baby?"
"Just walking out the door T," I sigh "sorry babe,"
"No problem, we're waiting,"
"Alrighty, I can't call and drive so I'll be there in 2,"
"Sounds good babes,"
I hang up and sigh.
I'm meeting her brothers for the first time. She moved here alone from Seattle a few months back and we immediately clicked.
I get to the wyrme- a weird place to meet in my opinion since she's a total germaphobe.
"Tones?" I ask walking into the dark bar "I thought you said you were here,"
The door slams behind me and someone grabs my arm.
"I'm sorry it had to be this way- it sucks cause I actually love you," I hear Toni's voice whisper as a hand pins my arm behind me
Blinding lights turn on and two boys are sitting in the middle of the room grinning.
"Way to not screw it up Topaz," a guy says handing Toni a lot of money
"What are you going to do Fogarty?" She asks
"Toni what's going on? Is this some type of joke?"
"Ya Like our old mans sentence was a joke," he says
"Toni please what's happening? I didn't do anything, what's going on?"
"She was hired to get close to you so she can trick you into coming here," he smirks
"But why?" I ask "what did I do?"
"You refused to testify that FP wasn't guilty and that sent him to jail,"
"I was scared my brother died- I tried to get him off I really did,"
"We don't believe you, we want money and we want answers," the taller boy says
"Toni why would you do this to me? I love you, please help me,"
She goes to speak when the other guy cuts her off
"She can't do nothing bitch," the smaller one hisses "unless she wants to be homeless again,"
The one punches me in the face and Toni steps infront of me to take the second blow.
"Topaz get out of my fucking way,"
"Sweets the girl lost a brother and you already terrified her- if you ever cared about me, even once as your sister. Please let her go, I'll get you the money,"
"Topaz out of my way," the boy hisses "you've done your job,"
"Pea this isn't about my job anymore man, it's about my life- she might not love me anymore but I still love her bro. Don't you want me to be happy? She's a great person,"
"I don't care Topaz,"
"Please Sweetpea, please," she begs "I care about this one, I've had no troubles walking away from the others- you wanna know what took so long? I wasn't trying to make sure she agreed or make sure she had no clue- I was having fun, I love her bro, a lot,"
"Toni you know what she did to us,"
"She's broken man," she sighs "she didn't mean to Pea, she talked to me unprompted about it and she regrets not saying anything. She lost a brother,"
"You're about to lose two," the taller hisses
"Bro she's worth it," she sighs "look at me Pea, you know me. You know I don't love many people, I'm closed off Pea- please,"
"Fine Toni- it's on your back. Don't come back until you have the cash," he spits unlocking the handcuffs she put on me
Toni drags me outside and tells me to get on her motorcycle
"I know, I get you hate me right now but we're both in danger right now Cher- please,"
I get on and she drives to my house.
"I'm sorry for everything Cheryl, truly," she sighs walking me to my door
"Tones I loved you bit this is all too much," I sigh "you were hired to get me to those two, Why to let them kill me?"
"They were never going to kill you," she says "I wasn't letting that happen,"
"I need a few days,"
"Of course C, I dont even expect you to take me back- just let me know you're okay?"
"I will. Take care of yourself Topaz,"
"I will C," she nods "you too,"