PROLOGUE√

He had to catch his breath, travelling for so long without much to go on was hard and Linus needed the break, especially after almost being drained of blood, that was completely unexpected, vampire's are hateful creatures he would tell you, he hoped with everything in him that he would never have to see one again in his entire life. Even if it killed him.

Linus panted and sat atop a boulder which oddly seemed to have been placed there on purpose. He wasn't sure where he was or why his feet carried him there but he just knew that he had to keep moving. He took a breath as a wave of fear crept up on him, his spine felt stiff for a moment and he gasped looking around wondering what that sensation had been and why it suddenly left him slightly drained of energy. He took deep breaths looking around him and shaking his head.

There was a hiss, low and threatening so he stood feeling on edge and looked both ways. His pale purple eyes scanned the horizon and he ran a hand through his filthy silver hair, gosh, I needed me a shower, fast. There was a growl and naturally Linus jumped back to see a snow white tiger, baring its teeth. Panic shoot through  him as he stared down at the massive beast.

"You are not welcome here,"  Linus couldn't explain it, but he heard the tiger speak even though its mouth did not move,it's words had echoes somehow in his mind. His heart began to beat erratically as the tiger moved closer before leaping down from the steep hill. He had no clue what to do as he raised his arms up and crouched, trying to seem as harmless and as small as possible, but the tiger let out a fierce, ground shaking growl and he stumbled onto his back.

"You have doomed them."  Linus didn't know what to think, or what to say as suddenly the ground shook beneath him and he scrambled to his feet and reached for the nearest tree. His eyes widened as he looked to where he had been resting, the cracked boulder had drops of his blood smeared on it. Linus blinked as the blood seeped into the rock and it began to move. The tiger had moved, now inches away from him. It snarled but Linus couldn't help pay attention to the opening boulder as a strong hissing sound was let out from inside the dark expanse where the boulder had been.

The tiger backed away and he could tell that it was afraid. Then large slitted eyes came into view as well as a very large midnight blue head rose from the gap in which the boulder had revealed. Linus found himself gapping like a fish, his voice didn't seem to work until finally he was able to say it in a most shaken and frightened voice.

"Is-is that a...a snake!?"