CHAPTER THIRTY

Narrator

The room was filled with chatter as Fraden was brought in. The man looked broken inside, his head was hung low and if you could see his eyes, they were blank and empty, devoid of any emotion. Inside, he was crying for help, for Linus. He didn't know what was real or what was fake. He just knew he was there, awaiting judgement.

Among the Supreme Council, Theodore sat in the centre, the space that would usually be occupied by Elijah's mirages. He was uncomfortable and filled with dread. He gazes at the broken man and frowned to himself. He looked harmless despite his track record which Theodore had been informed of only that morning.

"Order!" Benjamin spoke with a smirk. "Today we gather to judge Mr. Cabrera here, who managed to escape imprisonment and go unchecked." He said loudly into the room filled with Fraden's family members and a few strangers. "We shall evaluate his case, taking into account any recent developments of his cause and passed engagements."

"How is that fair!? You already judged him for that why not look at recent development only!?" James yelled angrily from his place in the crowd, this fueled many to agree with him. Benjamin raised his hand to silence them and they all grumbled lowly.

"We cannot chose to forget the past simply because it has passed, we should be fair and look at the whole picture." He reasoned which to everyone there sounded like complete bullshit.

"I agree with the man," Theodore said softly gaining the attention of the council. "If this is too be fair, why not just consider what he did recently? Unless you've all actually decided that he needs to be imprisoned?" He asked with a brow and they all looked to one another with worry.

"Do not be ridiculous, Theodore." Benjamin said with a slight roll of his eye.

"Accounting for 575 years ago," a man began holding up a folder. He began to count down everything Fraden had done all those years ago that had lead him to his imprisonment and then he began to count for recent escapades.

"Mr. Cabrera had been spotted by humans in his snake form around Minnesota as well as New Jersey." An out cry came from the people as this man spoke. "It is believed that his murderous ways had yet to be satisfied. Several humans have been found dead, corpses have been left in his wake, council and he must be stopped."

"That's not true!" James cried out.

"Why so you say that,sir?" Lerato asked with a sigh as she rubbed her eyes. The woman was tired of the ruckus, she wanted to do nothing more than to home to her dogs. She was clearly done with this line of work and she would give anything for peaceful retirement. After years of life, she was confident that she was done with the life of a Supreme Council member.

"Frade- I mean, Mr. Cabrera has been on his best behaviour since his release, he has stayed home and spent most of his time catching up with civilization. He had no time or reason to be out there killing."

"Could it be possible that you are mistaken?" Another man said. "He hadn't been released as you claimed he escaped and further more, how can you be sure he didn't do all of this while you went out and lives your daily life, Mr. Cabrera?" The man smirked. "You life with this man, correct?"

"Yes."

"You are the product of his sisters blood line, right?"