CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

Narrator

"We are the Supreme Council, we are here to collect a rather overdue criminal." Benjamin said smugly as he kept his eyes on Fraden, who was shocked to the core.

Fraden hadn't expected it so soon, he had hoped he had enough time, he was painfully wrong and proof of that was in his house.

Linus couldn't keep his eyes off of Elijah,who hadn't changed, well, besides his hair. Before it was just black but now it was black and white, and he looked exhausted, he was using a cane to balance himself, his blue eyes seemed so dull.

Before anyone knew what was happening, Linus surged forward and pushed him back.

"You filthy little worm! How dare you shoe your face here!?" Linus said in a voice full of anger, the mansion shook, his eyes began to glow and he thrust his hand out at him, Elijah gasped as he collided with the wall and stayed there. Linus' hand closed into a fist and an invisible force held Elijah by the neck causing him to choke. "I will end you Elijah, even if I have to die to do it."

Then everything went to shit.

Linus squeezed his fist harder wanting to kill the man while he still had the chance, he honestly didn't see how he would be lucky enough to do this considering last time he saw this man, he hadn't been sure if he would wake up.

Then, Elijah pushed forward, everyone had watched in shock, Elijah waved his hand and the people around them seemed to freeze, sweat began to show on his forehead as he landed on his feet and snap his fingers.

"Linus," Elijah spoke and wheezed. Linus dropped his hand as he saw he was no longer affecting him. "I believe you are mistaken."

"I can assure you, I don't think so," Linus glared, of all the people to show up in his home, and of all times, it had to be him, the man who sought out the destruction of the world. He felt tense, and scared, mostly for Fraden and James and even Jennifer. He wouldn't allow them to get hurt, not now, not ever and most certainly not by this evil man. "I haven't forgotten you, not a day goes by that I don't think of what you showed me, of what you plan to do." Linus seethed and Elijah looked taken aback.

"What are you talking about!?" Elijah threw his hand up in the air.

"Don't play dumb with me!" Linus growled and narrowed his eyes, the mansion shook and Elijah looked around.

"I am not playing dumb." Elijah said calmly as he met Linus' eye. "I don't know anything about the destruction of anything."

Linus stood straight as he saw that the man wasn't about to make a move of attack, but he still wasn't going to let his guard down, he didn't trust this man.

"Are you saying that it wasn't you a little over two weeks ago? At the site of my herd's old village?"

"A little over two weeks ago, I was barely able to get out of bed!" Elijah fumed helplessly. He was weak, doing so much magic, it was placing a strain on him. He didn't want to be there, not when he knew he was being tormented on the inside, not when something was keeping him from sleep, keeping him from being at his best.

"I don't believe you." Elijah rolled his eyes and fell onto a nearby chair that hadn't actually been there.

"I don't care." He swallowed and looked up at Linus, "but I don't need to be here and take any of this right now. " and then his magic fell away, the Council gasped and looked between the two. Elijah closed his eyes and in a flurry of silver he was gone.