CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Linus

Call me spontaneous, I don't know. I thought to myself as I packed a bag for no apparent reason. We could turn this into a field trip. Need to be prepared. I reasoned with myself as I took a total of two outfits.

Fraden had been right, I did associate magic with death, my mothers to be specific considering how I always thought of her as soon as I'd done something. It was weird but, I wanted to go back there, to the village, I was curious to see what it looked like now, I also wanted to give my mother a proper burial. She deserved that much, along with my sister. I sighed as I thought of her.

We weren't that close, but there was love between us. She never shunned me much, but she did avoid having to really talk to me. I just knew though that she didn't hate me, she just didn't understand me, as did the rest of the herd shifters. My mother though, she raised me with love and affection which was only cut short by my father who resented me for not being a shifter.

I went down stairs and I was met with the suspicious glare of James.

"Where you going?" He asked slowly, his hands on his hips, if I hadn't known any better I'd say he was trying to be a father too me, which was cute.

"To my village."

"Your village?" He asked confused.

"Yeah,the place I grew up, invaded by vampires caused me to kill my own mother and then end up kidnapped by said vampires which in the long run brought me to here." I explained rapidly and James blinked.

"Woah," he held his hands up. "So, your going there why?"

"Closure."

"Closure?"

"Closure," we turned to see Fraden dressed in khaki shorts and shirt with mountain shoes. He looked ready to run if it fame down to it.

"And your going together." He stated with a tilt of his head.

"Yep." Fraden and I said together and James sighed, keeping his eyes on Fraden.

"Remember, he's only 16." I turned to see Fraden scowl.

"For another two months!" I said almost urgently.

"So, October,huh." Fraden mumbled with a nod as though taking note before he slung his arm over my shoulder and lead me out. I had widened my eyes and stared. I blinked as we stood before the car. His dark skin looked so smooth, I suddenly wanted to caress him. I blinked again.

"Uh!" I inched away. "Okay, that was weird. Let's go!"

"Wha-" I jumped into the car and closed the door. I shook my head and moved my bag to the back seat. This might be long.

The drive was very relaxing until I realised that I wasn't sure how we would get there by car and I looked to Fraden who seemed to be in his own world.

"Uh, Fraden?" He hummed. "We can't go by car, can we?" He blinked as he turned a corner and hummed in though, his brows coming together.

"Oh, wow, I hadn't thought." He suddenly pulled over. He began drumming his fingers before he looked to me. "You."

"Me?" He nodded firmly, as though whatever was in his mind couldn't possibly be wrong.