CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Linus

Things were officially awkward. After my first kiss I'd always envisioned soft smiles, words of affections, songs of praise and just, downright euphoria. This, was far from it.

I get that it was to calm me down, which is did because it only gave me something else to focus on, then we proceeded to just pack the groceries and be on our way. I had taken a shower and night had fallen with me in my room until midnight when I snuck out to get a snack. I do like food okay?

I however, was not anticipating a conversation between Fraden and one of his slithering friends. I swear we needed to come up with a way to stop that from happening.

"I don't know, it just...happened!" Fraden said sounding more alive than I have ever heard him, and that is saying something. He usually sounds bored and nonchalant almost, now, his voice was full on emotion.

"I don't know how I'll ever face him." The snake hissed and -"Ow!" I'm guessing bit him. "Okay, okay," he chuckled. "I guess, it's more like how will I ever face him and not do it again?" He sighed deeply. "This is very complicated all of a sudden. What do you mean I'm over reacting!?"

I had slapped my hand over my mouth and hurried up stairs as fast as I could. I hadn't even realised it until I jumped on the bed that I had gone to James' bedroom and had awoken him. He groaned and hit me with his pillow before slamming it into his own head.

"James! James! Wake up! Wake up!" I jumped. I don't know, I was still a teenager and this was exciting news to me.

"I up! I up!"

"Seriously, does English escape you when you wake?" He groans and rubs his eyes.

"What problem?"

"Are you trying to be cute right now?"

"I no shower so, not awake." He yawned and said everything so adorably and I cooed for a moment.

"Okay, so today, something happened and I thought it was awesome in a weird way and I thought I was alone in what I was possibly feeling but now its not so true!" I was talking like such a hormonal teen who seriously needed to start dating.

"What you talking 'bout?" He asked and I could tell he was falling back asleep but I didn't really care.

"Fraden and I..." I took a deep breath. "We...we kissed." I bit my lip and waited. A second went by, a third a fifth.

"What!?" James bolted up out of his bed suddenly really awake. "When!? How!? Why?? Where? What?" He was genuinely confused, he couldn't seem to make the connection. Which I too struggled with for the better part or an hour.

"I know buy, I had this episode where I was panicked and hosting myself and remembering all these bad things and he just...went for it." I felt my stomach fill with butterflies at the thought of it.

It was still surreal, like I had been dreaming or something. I felt like maybe I should hate it or something but instead, I wanted to so it again. I wanted to feel him against me. I wanted him to hold me and just- I blinked rapidly, woah! Where did they come from? It was just one kiss! To keep you from blowing up the house....a very good kiss too.

"Hello?" I looked at James and hummed, "were you just thinking if doing they again?" He made a disgusted face and I blushed.