CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

Linus

I didn't want to go, I wanted to stay home but then James wouldn't allow me, he wanted me to go to school, to distract me from the reality of my life. Some psycho is determined to destroy the world and I hadn't even began to practice my magic, and he tells me I had no choice but to go to school.

So I sat through calculus staring out the window wondering how I would even begin to practice magic on my own, I didn't know where I would start, or how I would! I was beginning to feel very frustrated with myself. I was nowhere near ready for anything. I found myself thinking of Fraden right then and there. I pictured his smile and his chuckle and soon found myself relaxing and smiling.

"Linus?" I leaned onto my desk with a happy grin on my face. Having Fraden in mind seemed to make me feel better, seemed to make me reel stronger and confident about the my struggles. I guess this is what having a mate did, it brought you a sense of peace, just knowing that someone was meant to be yours alone gave you joy. I chuckled. "Linus!" I jumped in my seat, hitting my knee in the process. I hissed in pain.

"Why?" I whined and looked up to see Mr. Jackson staring at me confused. I looked around and noticed the class was empty. I flushed, how long had I been day dreaming about Fraden? So this was what would happen if I suddenly thought of him? I would lose track of time?

"Are you alright?" He crouched, his hand suddenly on my hand. I stared at his hand and awkwardly removed my hand from under his.

"Uh, yeah, sorry," I began to stand and pack up my things. "I guess I kind of got lost..in my thoughts," I chuckled awkwardly. "Sorry," I nodded and tried moving around him when he grabbed my wrist. I turned and looked at his hand,raised a brow then met his sad gaze.

"Uhm.." He began awkwardly. "I-"

"I have class to get to,sir." I told him suddenly, I don't know why I cut him off but suddenly it felt like he was about to say something I wouldn't like.

"Uh, oh, right," he let go of me and I gave him one last look over. He wrapped his arms around himself and looked down. I frowned, he looked so sad and alone, he seemed like someone who needed a hug, badly. For a guys I was so used to seeing smiling and happy, it was an uneasy sight, I chose to ignore it as I ran out of his class and headed for my next lesson.

The rest of the day went on uneventfully and I was grateful as I wanted to get home and see Fraden... And try to do some magic...okay, mostly to see Fraden, sue me. The halls were growing empty as I got everything I need. I was turning when I bumped into someone.

"We need to talk," he told me and grabbed my wrist. He pulled me along towards his class and my eyes were wide the entire time.

"Woah! What's going on!? I have to get home,sir. The-" suddenly warm plump lips collided with my own shocked lips. I had frozen as he kissed me for what felt like a life time, my eyes wide, I stared, not knowing what to do with myself, or him.

I was utterly confused until I saw it, a single tear fell from his eye as he pulled away. I lifted my hand to touch my harassed lips. I wanted to be angry, to furiously push him around and ask him why he did that, why he kisses me when I had a mate. Instead, I was sad, grieved and absolutely confused.

"Huh," he sniffed. "I guess, it really is gone." He mumbled and I blinked as he wrapped his arms around himself again. "I'm sorry, I, uh...hoped I had more of a chance." He gave a soft chuckle, which uses to make me smile, I realise, now, it just sounded off.