CHAPTER SEVEN

Fraden

I could hear then talking, their laughter as I made my way into the kitchen. Linus seemed to be settling and forgetting about his usual rants on never staying here. It was amusing thinking about it

"No, he's here," Linus said and stopped eating. "I can't take another bit, my appetite has been taken from me."

"Linus, be nice." James told him, Jennifer was the least happiest about the progress of Linus and James' friendship and my being here. She hardly spoke to Linus or I, even in our presence, she tried not to talk too much. She, however, tried to hold back her distaste in my presence, that much I had noticed.

"Obviously I've been way to nice because my prisoner has taken it upon himself to take over my house." Linus glared at me.

"I'm not a prisoner!"

"Think what you will. Now," I lay my hand on the counter. "School," I narrowed my eyes at Linus, whose eyes widened as he stared at me.

"No," he said immediately below his breath.

"You aren't going." He sighed in relief and began eating his lunch. "Instead, you shall be home schooled."

"What!? Why!? I don't need an education! I will do nothing with it! Let me leave so I can live my days out in the wild and maybe die in a ditch somewhere."

"You have oddly dark ideas of living." James said with a worried look in his eye. "How can all that sound appealing?"

"Nobody will be calling me prisoner at every turn, so, yeah." Linus shrugged and stuck his tongue out at me. He was such a child.

"Anyway, can you make that happen, James?" He nodded, his iPad in his hands.

"What about you!?" Linus said pointing his finger at me, I stared at it in distaste.

"What about me?"

"Fiver hundred and whatever years is a long time, you need school more than I."

"I've been 25 years old, I have all the education I need. Much hasn't changed since my time." Linus looked confused.

"Dude, how old are you?"

"Six hundred." I told him, "I was imprisoned for five hundred and seventy five years, starting from when I was twenty five, thus I look twenty five, thus I have my education."

"Fraden," he said calmly and I glanced at him.

"Yes?"

"Someone's probably never told you this, but your life is a mess." James coughed to cover his laugh, what he found amusing about his was beyond me. I just rolled my eyes and turned around.

"He's right though," James spoke, "a lot has changed since your time and I know you were a doctors apprentice before everything happened." I tilted my head.

"I won't be partaking in medicine," I told him and continued my way down the hall back to the library.

I sighed to myself as I picked up a book I couldn't quite bring myself to let be. My diary. I opened to the end of it to find the picture it hid, it was worn out, old and it was in black and white, but it was alright because it showed me him. Jerald. His smiling face and his arms wrapped around my shoulder were enough to made my heart ache. I didn't know why I was doing this to myself, why I couldn't just put it down and stop depressing myself.