CHAPTER TWELVE

Fraden

I was made to sit down forcefully, it was cold seeing as I was in a loincloth surprising, which always happened after a shift. It was black and seeing as how shifting tore my cloths to shreds, I was glad this piece of fabric covered me.

"Alexander," I looked up to see a man with black and white hair and beautiful blue eyes. The man paid me no attention, instead fixed his gaze on the man who had captured me and brought me to the Supreme Council. This, Alexander, looked torn between as he stared at the blue eyes man who was obviously very happy to see him.

"Elijah," Alexander said stiffly, looking down at his hands.

"You caught him." Elijah commented saving me a glance, to which I only scowled. I wanted nothing more than to shift and swallow these people whole and be on my way, but I couldn't. Alexander had placed a spell to stop me when he bound me with random tree branches. Casters, they could be a real pain.

"Yeah, I figured I ought to, seeing as how you didn't want to." Alexander seemed to settle on a scowl which oddly enough Elijah only smiled in response. Either they were lovers or there was a one sided thing going on or perhaps, I was honestly way to bored with my life if I was drawing up those kinds of conclusions. I rolled my eyes then.

"We've been looking for you," Elijah told him softly and took a step closer to Alexander who, moved to face away. " everyone has been worried... I've been worried. "

"Elijah..." Alexander sighed. "I just...need some time, alright?" He said this with some strain in his voice before he began to walk away, shaking his head.

"You would think," Elijah took a deep breath and turned to me, "that 200 years was enough time." He looked pained but only for a moment. He smirked at me then. "Well, Mr. Cabrera, its nice to finally meet you."

"I can assure you, the feeling is not mutual." He actually gave a laugh then, it was light and calming and beautiful. The man was a menace. I got this all from his laugh.

"Well, let's get this over with, shall we?"

Before I knew it, I stood before a panel of judges, the Supreme Council members were glaring and scowling, some looked genuinely afraid.

"Will those binds hold him? They don't look assuring. Perhaps something bigger?" The man had beady eyes and a twitch. He looked like he would piss on himself which made me smirk. That's right, fear me you bloody bastards! I thought hatefully. I mean, honestly, I hated the council, they were unreliable and completely self serving.

For years my father dictated my family and the town we lived in, for years he committed countless murders and nobody, nobody, not even this council did anything about it! Suddenly, I commit murder and I'm placed on trial!? How did that make sense to these small minded individuals?

I met the eye of Elijah who smirked knowingly and I hissed at him.

"Seriously, I don't feel safe." The beady eyed man said.

"Calm down! Elijah will not let anything happen, right?" A beautiful black woman said looking at Elijah who nodded.

"Of course not." Elijah sat down in the centre and banged the wooded hammer before leaning his head on his hand.